Author Topic: "Twitchy" Steering  (Read 2586 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
"Twitchy" Steering
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
Hi,
I've noticed on my 2005 Jazz that in a straight line on dual carriageways or motorways I am having to continually correct the steering or in other words the straight line stability is not good, it also seems to "pull" me into corners, I thought tracking but this has been checked and found to be spot on (parallel), tyre wear on the newish front tyres is even. Is this a feature of the model or does anyone have any bright ideas? I've had the car about 4 months and it has always done this.
Chris.

guest150

Re: "Twitchy" Steering
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »
See the below link....

I reported this fault last year and had several replies. My own car will be having a steering rack fitted in the next few weeks to try and rectify this fault. If you bought your car from a dealer it might be worth printing off the full thread and taking it into them.....it worked for me although mine is still under warranty until April this year.

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=438.0

chrisv

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Re: "Twitchy" Steering
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »
Thanks DDS, as my car is 5 years old I don't expect any warranty joy, but as it's what you could call a "feature of the model" I'll live with it as it's only a minor annoyance on what is an excellent car in all other respects.
ps it steams up as well but I don't have aircon :(
Regards,
Chris

Tags:

anything