Author Topic: Help on dash cam fitting to mk11 2009 jazz  (Read 1582 times)

Bertbile

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC EX Euro 4 5dr 2009 59 plate
Help on dash cam fitting to mk11 2009 jazz
« on: November 15, 2023, 12:45:48 AM »
Hi everyone. I recently bought a nextbase 522 front and rear cam kit, I want to wire it myself and although there’s plenty YouTube vids showing how, I can’t find any specific to my car.
My main concern is when routing the cable and you come to the top of the A pillar, having fed the wire along under roof trim at top of windscreen, and then you get to the top of the A pillar, is it ok tuck the wire in between the top of the trim, as the airbag is located under the pillar trim, I’ve heard the wire is supposed to be run behind the airbag, but that would mean taking the trim off, which I’m reluctant to do in case I break anything, but have seen loads on YouTube just tucking the wire in there before running under the door seal.
Also the wire for rear cam, is it ok to run along under the top door seals and across the mid pillar, as there’s a curtain airbag that runs across the top of the doors I think? Thanks in advance for any help.

X25DJB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 IMA HS
Re: Help on dash cam fitting to mk11 2009 jazz
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 08:41:44 AM »
Hi I've recently wired a mic down from there. Well my son did, and he pulled off the rubber door trim to reveal a rather useful void behind there. Didn't go near the Airbag.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 02:50:33 PM »
Hi I've recently wired a mic down from there. Well my son did, and he pulled off the rubber door trim to reveal a rather useful void behind there. Didn't go near the Airbag.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This is exactly how I have run my wiring. Installed a reverse camera (integral in a rear number plate mount) with wiring from the new head unit in the dash to the rear by pulling down the door rubber seals to find that there was plenty of room. 

Also have run the microphone wire (for hands-free phone use) the same way as I am reluctant to touch anything air-bag related.

There is no air-bags for rear passengers so no problems with moving trim once past the A-pillars; I just pushed the wires between front and rear trim using plastic spatula.

Next job is installing a DAB radio aerial on the front windscreen. My head unit was previously installed in a Volvo V70, which didn't have A-pillar air bags, so no problem with removing the trim to earth the aerial, but as I have discovered, the Jazz has a powered roof aerial so not suitable for an aerial splitter so have to install a separate DAB aerial which does not need earthing to the A-pillar. Will be looking how to run the wire to the screen once the rain stops!

mcjazz_

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 12:27:08 PM »
I managed to run mine in the door seals too - plenty of space there. Stay away from the airbags.

I managed to run the rear camera cable through the headliner too, and into the rubber gasket where the wiring loom is, and out of the side of the brake light. The result was a very tidy installation.

I don't have photos, but wish I took them now.

Good luck!

Tags:

anything