Author Topic: tailored rubber mats  (Read 2142 times)

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
tailored rubber mats
« on: May 15, 2021, 02:08:44 PM »
hi all
just purchased my 4th consecutive jazz a lovely 2013 1.4 as per profile pic. I'm needing some decent tailored rubber mats for it that clip into place with the existing lugs (not your everyday cheep car spares specials). any advise or recommendations of where to get them? thanks
'deny everything Baldrick'

GGT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
Re: tailored rubber mats
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »
I'd go for these:

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-jazz-front-lipped-rubber-mat-set-2009-2015/

I have the equivalent for my MK 3 and am very pleased with them.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 06:33:57 PM »
I purchased front and rear genuine Honda rubber mats from Cox Motor parts. Quality and fit is excellent and the lipped area will retain water, rather than wet the carpet, if you have wet/snowy shoes.
One thing to note is that Honda don’t appear to be supplying an install guide for the mats, at least for the mk4.
The mk4 rear mats are supplied to fit both left and right hand drive variants but unsure if this also applies to mk3.
The driver and front passenger lower seat belt anchor housing moulding is different on each side, the driver’s protruding more than the passenger. A tabbed part of the right rear rubber mat has to be cut away with a knife on right hand drive cars and I assume the left rear mat on left hand drive cars.
Cox emailed me the Honda install guide, which explains the procedure.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:37:48 PM by IanG »

JamtartJazzman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz XE Navi
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 06:40:31 PM »
 :o 50 quid for two mats! Yikes!

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 11:37:34 PM »
:o 50 quid for two mats! Yikes!

Yikes indeed!! :o

i may have to look (ahem google) now i have the part number & see if theres any cheaper alternatives or used ones.

thanks guys much appreciated
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 11:40:23 PM by fatlad »

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 08:10:46 AM »
There’s loads on eBay, full sets for 30 quid,  but I suspect the quality isn’t that great. Be interested to see if anyone has any other recommendations as I wouldn’t mind some rubber mats.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 09:57:34 AM »
What I have done in the past, is put cheapo universal rubber mats over the original proper carpet mats. Not ideal, but saves a lot of dirt getting on your carpet mats.

The carpet mats in my Jazz are a bit grubby, hoovering them only does so much. If we ever get a warm dry day, I might have a bash at washing them.

£50 for genuine mats is very steep. I bought a full set of 4 rubber mats for our Skoda Octavia VRS from Vindis, and they were only £36. Good quality too.

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 06:21:32 PM »
What I have done in the past, is put cheapo universal rubber mats over the original proper carpet mats. Not ideal, but saves a lot of dirt getting on your carpet mats.

The carpet mats in my Jazz are a bit grubby, hoovering them only does so much. If we ever get a warm dry day, I might have a bash at washing them.

£50 for genuine mats is very steep. I bought a full set of 4 rubber mats for our Skoda Octavia VRS from Vindis, and they were only £36. Good quality too.

hi westy36
my car hasnt got the carpet mats either just the standard carpet.  i'll keep looking though. i really want rubbers

ianhj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »
I know they are very expensive but I don't think you'll regret getting the genuine Honda ones if they do them for the Mk4.

I too thought they were not worth it but I bit the bullet in December and haven't regretted it since. They are a superb fit and will hold a reasonable amount of water because of the high lip.

In fact I'm so pleased they are probably going to stay in all year.

As suggested previously Cox Motors do them at a good price otherwise check ebay. A few other dealers occasionally have things on there.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 10:57:16 AM »
Perhaps a half way house. Check out eBay item number: 131626761299.

The set cost <£25 and the vendor has sold 130 pair with good reviews. I'm not saying they would be as good as the OEM, but then again, a decent saving.

eBay item number: 362517628063 - £28.99 with 260 good review.

Just some ideas.  :D

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 10:12:55 PM »
I'd go for these:

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-jazz-front-lipped-rubber-mat-set-2009-2015/

I have the equivalent for my MK 3 and am very pleased with them.

i bit the bullet & bought some genuine ones...what a brilliant fit.  no brainer in the end

thanks all that recommended

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2021, 04:35:20 PM »
I bit the bullet and got a set of carpet mats from Cox for my mk3. £50 odd quid "seemed" a  bit pricey, but as you say, they are superb quality and they fit .... perfectly. As the old saying goes, the quality remains long after the price has been forgotten.
In a similar vein, I also grimaced as I bought the moulded boot liner tray (another Honda dealer on fleabay), but I knew that I would have regretted paying half the amount for something which didn't fit properly and was of inferior quality. £70 odd is a lot for a boot liner ........ but it is good.

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2021, 05:53:02 PM »
I bit the bullet and got a set of carpet mats from Cox for my mk3. £50 odd quid "seemed" a  bit pricey, but as you say, they are superb quality and they fit .... perfectly. As the old saying goes, the quality remains long after the price has been forgotten.
In a similar vein, I also grimaced as I bought the moulded boot liner tray (another Honda dealer on fleabay), but I knew that I would have regretted paying half the amount for something which didn't fit properly and was of inferior quality. £70 odd is a lot for a boot liner ........ but it is good.

I’m tempted by them, they do look pretty good. Might just wait until autumn/winter when the weather gets worse.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2021, 11:57:19 AM »

I've had a few boot liners over the years, and they are great. Tempted to buy one for the Jazz. Current solution that I use is an old lined curtain folded over. Actualy works very well, as we have walking boots in it every week. Take it out and shake the dirt out every couple of weeks and it protects the boot carpet. Cheap fix and is big enough to cover the entire load area even with the seats folded down.

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2021, 01:09:54 PM »

I've had a few boot liners over the years, and they are great. Tempted to buy one for the Jazz. Current solution that I use is an old lined curtain folded over. Actualy works very well, as we have walking boots in it every week. Take it out and shake the dirt out every couple of weeks and it protects the boot carpet. Cheap fix and is big enough to cover the entire load area even with the seats folded down.

I've used some old non descript rubber car mats as a boot liner. Works just as well and easy to keep clean.

Tags:

anything