Author Topic: Giving my Honda some love!  (Read 3850 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Giving my Honda some love!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 07:42:24 PM »
]I upload my images to Imgur, then when I open it, I copy the Direct Link. Then select the image icon and insert the copied link between the [img]s. img]PICTURE[/img

Nice one, thanks Jocko. I'll investigate that tomorrow. Much appreciated.  :D

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2021, 09:23:49 AM »
Thanks for the link Jocko. Images loaded!  :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 09:27:23 AM by Westy36 »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2021, 12:19:57 PM »
Just on enjoying car cleaning (I do) a lot of keen weekend warriors as they are known in detailing circles speak about the zen like relaxation they get from cleaning the car. I used to find the same with mowing the lawn (don't have on at our current home).

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2021, 01:07:20 PM »
I used to find the same with mowing the lawn (don't have on at our current home).

If you're missing it, you can come and mow mine  ;D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2021, 01:47:24 PM »
I used to really enjoy washing and detailing the car. I would spend days on it. My joints have finally given out the last few years, and I don't find it very easy now (I had to sit on a wrought iron garden chair do my painting).
Working in Mum's drive with an outside tap and outside electricity makes things so much better. Lugging water up and down four floors, from the flat, isn't so enjoyable.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2021, 02:56:24 PM »
I think certain aspects of car care lose their appeal as joints stiffen and get sore. Rinseless washes like ONR are a great help in this regard.

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 10:49:32 AM »
As I said before, I don't take my driveway for granted. My first house was a terrrace house, and parking was rarely available outside the house. Any water used had to be taken out via the lounge and into the road. Needless to say, my motors didn't get cleaned very often!

I gave my Astra a decent clean the other day. It hadn't had a cleaned for over month as its been too cold. Come up well for a 2003 motor.  :D

The photos may look edited, but they are not. Just different light values at the end of cleaning!

Toptek

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 11:26:22 AM »
As I said before, I don't take my driveway for granted. My first house was a terrrace house, and parking was rarely available outside the house. Any water used had to be taken out via the lounge and into the road. Needless to say, my motors didn't get cleaned very often!

I gave my Astra a decent clean the other day. It hadn't had a cleaned for over month as its been too cold. Come up well for a 2003 motor.  :D

The photos may look edited, but they are not. Just different light values at the end of cleaning!

Agree with you on the driveway appreciation. We moved from a terraced house to a small detached with driveway, prior to the move was discussing it with a colleague who did a similar move to a new build with driveway, colleague number 2 asked what’s the big deal with a driveway. Colleague 1 asked has she lived at a house without one... “no” was the reply...

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2021, 12:27:45 PM »
Agree with you on the driveway appreciation. We moved from a terraced house to a small detached with driveway, prior to the move was discussing it with a colleague who did a similar move to a new build with driveway, colleague number 2 asked what’s the big deal with a driveway. Colleague 1 asked has she lived at a house without one... “no” was the reply...
Absolutely. The other thing is guaranteed parking. With my first house, we could be parked a long way from the front door. Shopping, DIY stuff, holiday bags and tents etc all had to be carried to where we could find a spot.

Parking anxiety on the way home from a night out. Where will we end up getting parked? Oh the luxury of a drive!

We plan on moving in the next 2 or 3 years, a decent sized level driveway is high on my list of priorities.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
Mum's drive is huge. I could get the Jazz plus two other cars parked off the road. There is also a double garage which is all fitted out as a workshop (I keep finding new delights every time I have a hunt about in it), with power and lights. There is also a tap, so I can use my pressure washer.
The garden is huge, so my wife potters in the garden while I  tinker in the workshop.
The only issue at the moment is sometimes I cannot get access, as the drive has been unused for years, and the cul-de-sac has more houses than parking spaces, so it sometimes gets parked over. I have started leaving polite notes on the cars that block it, asking, "if possible", could they leave space to get in and out, and it seems to be working.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2021, 02:11:57 PM »
When I bought my house a garage was a must.

Spend quite a few hours washing and waxing then in to the powered and dehumidified garage. Plus these days no cat thieves or stray footballs to worry about.
Let's be careful out there !

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »
After reading this thread I’ve purchased some of the Car Plan Black Trim Wax and will attempt to paint the plastic around the front wipers on my Jazz. Might practice on the missus’ Yaris first to see how it applies. I have a little paint brush ready, so hopefully i won’t make too much of a mess!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 07:04:01 PM »
I have a little paint brush ready, so hopefully i won’t make too much of a mess!
Welcome. I only use a brush on the front grille because it is easier to get into the holes. I normally use a cloth on flat surfaces, such as around the wipers.

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2021, 07:22:48 PM »
Thanks. Oh right, we’ll I’ll try the cloth method and see how I get on. Thanks for the tip!

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2021, 12:01:36 AM »
Enjoying the sunshine after being cleaned.  8)

looks stunning....just purchased my silver 13 plate today (4th Jazz in succession).
i hope mine stays as good looking as yours Westy!
'deny everything Baldrick'

Tags:

anything