Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 1.5 Sport
« Last post by embee on Today at 10:52:50 AM »
....What can be done about the carbon build up? Higher octane fuel, V-Power etc and regular servicing?....
No, fuel type doesn't really help.
The reason for the build up is that with direct injection the fuel goes "directly" into the cylinder, it is not sprayed onto the back of the inlet valves as in port injection which helps clean deposits. The build up is due to a combination of oil down the valve guides (perfectly normal, they need lubricating, valve stem "seals" are actually metering devices to allow just the right minimum amount of oil down the guide), blowby gas carrying oil and contaminants through the crankcase ventilation system ("breather"), and backflow of combustion gas through inlet valves (during overlap and by "internal EGR" using the variable valve timing feature where a certain amount of combustion gas is allowed back to be mixed with incoming fresh air which lowers the NOx and avoids the need for external EGR systems).
I'm not sure whether there are products which can be sprayed into the intake to help clean these deposits, it's an unfortunate aspect of DI gasoline technology.
I haven't looked into how Jazz owners deal with this issue, interested to learn. It was one of the factors I considered before buying the 1.3 Jazz (port injected), had it been GDI it probably wouldn't have been on my list.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 1.5 Sport
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 10:16:11 AM »
its got a direct injection engine so may carbon up on the intake valves at higher mileages

also the top speed is the same as the 1.3 even though the 0-60 is quicker

the engine is still used in the mk4 hybrid but is de tuned to 108hp from 130hp
What can be done about the carbon build up? Higher octane fuel, V-Power etc and regular servicing?

Top speed is of no concern, I'm not going to be doing more than NSL +10% again.  :D

I have read that tyre noise on the motorway is a bit louder than the standard model. I guess a test drive is the best way to determine that. Not many on the market though.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Giving my Honda some love!
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 10:01:58 AM »
looks stunning....just purchased my silver 13 plate today (4th Jazz in succession).
i hope mine stays as good looking as yours Westy!
Cheers fella.  :D I hope you enjoy your new motor and I'm sure it'll prove to be as reliable as mine has.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: tailored rubber mats
« Last post by Westy36 on Today at 09:57:34 AM »
What I have done in the past, is put cheapo universal rubber mats over the original proper carpet mats. Not ideal, but saves a lot of dirt getting on your carpet mats.

The carpet mats in my Jazz are a bit grubby, hoovering them only does so much. If we ever get a warm dry day, I might have a bash at washing them.

£50 for genuine mats is very steep. I bought a full set of 4 rubber mats for our Skoda Octavia VRS from Vindis, and they were only £36. Good quality too.
Hey,

If anyone is swapping their CVT out for a 5MT and was wondering how things would work for the ECU or you don't feel like having to recode your immobiliser etc. have a look here.

Firstly, you need to have a good idea of how to solder things, if you're not confident with soldering, ask a friend who is or practice on an old piece of electrical equipment. Also, use flux, it is your saviour when it comes to electronics.

Basically, if you try to use the CVT ECU on an MT car, you should get a few errors (And a nasty 4000rpm limiter due to limp mode) from the ECU basically saying "Where my CVT at?", however to bypass this you just need to fool the ECU into thinking the components it's looking for are there.

Now, I did this a long time ago so forgive me for not exactly knowing which 3 components they are but this worked for me (Twice) and it should work perfectly fine for you.

You'll need resistors between 3.8 Ohm and 6.8 Ohm and that's what specified in this link http://hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/02/SAA2E02E15117722252FEAT10.HTML

NB : The two blue ones in series are because I ran out of green ones

Then, solder them to these pins as indicated by my picture below :

This should get your ECU thinking that everything is okay and that should also get rid of the 4000RPM limp mode limiter.

I hope this helps someone, if it's been posted already well, I do apologize but I thought I'd put this here before I forgot and as a reference to myself in future.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Car Reviews
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 08:49:09 AM »
Very fair, informative and useful centre spread review of the Mk4 in this weekend's Yorkshire Post motoring section. A bit late to the party but worth a read if you are interested and able.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Map updates on a 2016 EX Navi
« Last post by JamtartJazzman on Today at 08:40:42 AM »
Update - Honda told me to get in touch with Garmin. (Nice example of slopey shoulders there!) I did so and eventually was given a case number and "we'll get back to you when the next update is available."  Quite why I couldn't be given the most recent update ... mystery!

I'll let y'all know what happens!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric Central Heating.
« Last post by BIGFELLAH on Today at 08:35:35 AM »
Have just perused the following from today’s Daily Telegraph
Might be interesting reading Jocko.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/0/tech-clinic-ultimate-guide-buying-new-boiler/
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: tailored rubber mats
« Last post by swhull on Today at 08:10:46 AM »
There’s loads on eBay, full sets for 30 quid,  but I suspect the quality isn’t that great. Be interested to see if anyone has any other recommendations as I wouldn’t mind some rubber mats.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric Central Heating.
« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 07:34:50 AM »
What's worrying is that 'they' are going to force us all on to electric heating as they outlaw gas.

I've got a very good built in warm air system and my house isn't engineered for radiators.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything