Author Topic: Insurance Renewal - having a laugh  (Read 6376 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Insurance Renewal - having a laugh
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2023, 04:52:13 PM »
I have had regular driving assessments since turning 70. A local driving instructor does it using my car, so it is considerably cheaper than the price of a lesson.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2023, 01:22:03 PM »
a 25% increase in relay  thefts may be an increase from 4 cars a year  to 5 cars.

But it isn't
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11780083/Car-thefts-29-year-experts-warn-rise-2023.html
72,000 and rising.

Back to insurance, just had to renew my E, 3 years no claims (because 2nd car), garaged and less than 1000 miles a year, and 67 years old. £328 last year (with legal cover) and £419 now. I could have saved £100 by having  tracker fitted to OBD port but didn't fancy some database having my entire life's movements and driving style on file forever. However I did save £20 with the daughter in law as second driver (presumably because younger and clean record).

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2023, 03:33:41 PM »
a 25% increase in relay  thefts may be an increase from 4 cars a year  to 5 cars.

But it isn't
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11780083/Car-thefts-29-year-experts-warn-rise-2023.html
72,000 and rising.

But it isn't? Not even if, like Lord V, you project it onto the huge numbers of stolen Honda Jazz? ;D
I don't see the Honda Jazz mentioned in any list of "most stolen cars", published in any (European) country...
If nothing goes right, go left!

5thcivic

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2023, 05:13:42 PM »
Yes, because it is not seen as a "cool" car, far too sensible, reliable, and frugal!  ;)

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2023, 08:47:19 PM »
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2023, 12:10:51 AM »
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.
Regards,
Dan.

Wouldn’t be so bad if you bothered to reply to enquiries

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2023, 10:40:59 AM »

Back to insurance, just had to renew my E, 3 years no claims (because 2nd car), garaged and less than 1000 miles a year, and 67 years old. £328 last year (with legal cover) and £419 now. I could have saved £100 by having  tracker fitted to OBD port but didn't fancy some database having my entire life's movements and driving style on file forever. However I did save £20 with the daughter in law as second driver (presumably because younger and clean record).
May I suggest you drop the legal cover. In the event of a claim it is the responsibility of your insurance company to argue/fight with the other party's insurance company, so why pay twice.
Legal cover is IMO a complete rip-off.
If it a case of compensation for personal injury to a 3rd Party you MAY find (CHECK!) that your household insurance will cover you for 3rd party liability.
Quote:-
Some insurance providers may be able to offer you personal liability cover for other instances of damage or injury. This may be included under your home's contents insurance – of course, it is always important to check with your insurance provider to make sure this is the case.21 Oct 2022
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

IanG64

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 Jazz Hybrid
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2023, 02:33:53 PM »
2022 EX.

Just had my renewal price of £987!

Searched around and paid £520.

Full no claims.

Gone with Hastings Direct.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2023, 03:25:28 PM »
Best of luck if you need to claim.

Dig out the claim reviews : https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hastingsdirect.com
Let's be careful out there !

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2023, 07:59:41 PM »
My insurance is due in six weeks. Today I got a quote from Direct Line that is more than twice what I paid to the AA, last year. Needless to say, I will be eagerly awaiting my renewal quote from them in the next couple of weeks.

chicksee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2023, 10:05:32 AM »
Mine has gone up 50%, will contact Saga and see what they have to say otherwise I will shop around.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2023, 10:28:00 PM »
Mine has gone up 50%, will contact Saga and see what they have to say otherwise I will shop around.
Shop around first before you call Saga - that way you will have competitive quotes to get their attention!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2023, 10:06:22 AM »
Renewal just emailed to me today with an increase of 23%! Small % compared to some posts here, but still far too much. So, shopping around starts again. It's a PITA but what's to be done.  :(

Road tax to be renewed too, expensive month.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2023, 12:33:05 PM »
Amazingly after getting a various comparisons quote on the E on Martin Lewis' 23 day optimum deadline, my auto renewal from Flow came in at £350...... £70 cheaper!!

Flow is the low cost version of LV - same company as other lowest quote, the only phone line is for claims, otherwise you email or message for usual business. LV has a bit more customer service for the extra cost. I fail to see how lower administration costs lead to that difference for each customer  :D

The younger clean record second driver on the LV quote saved £20 on the premium, the exact same second driver on the Flow policy would have been £120 extra!

No logic to be seen.

Jazzyone

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4 hybrid
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2023, 10:15:02 PM »
In February I renewed with Quote me happy for £345 for my SR. Full ncd, zero voluntary excess,Today I had an email telling they had calculated my premium wrongly and they had refunded me £29. Result!

Tags:

anything