Author Topic: Why did they replace the most popular model EX ?  (Read 1237 times)

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
Why did they replace the most popular model EX ?
« on: March 31, 2023, 01:18:09 PM »
If you take away the dire Crosstar is 3 times more popular than the next one.

Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?

SE 9 (4.1%)
SR 32 (14.5%)
EX 99 (45%)
Crosstar EX 66 (30%)
Non-UK model 13 (5.9%)
EX Style 1 (0.5%)
Total Members Voted: 217

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Why did they replace the most popular model EX ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 01:41:51 PM »
If you take away the dire Crosstar

Sorry to disagree, but I would suggest the only thing “dire” in the Jazz range was the plastic hubcaps (not found incidentally on the Crosstar).

I guess the realignment of the range is to follow the recently introduced Civic and generate interest in a refreshed model range.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 03:08:18 PM »
Wow, I seem to be a very small minority with my EX Style!

I bought this primarily because it had the same features/creature comforts as my previous 4 Renaults. I wanted the hybrid technology and reliability of the Honda Jazz, but I wasn't prepared to loose all the bells and whistles I had become accustomed to.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 03:15:01 PM »
It seems Honda are now using these new model names across the range as the new Civic is the same.
Let's be careful out there !

Terryp

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 03:15:36 PM »
Nothing dire with my crossstar, she runs beautifully and enough gizmos to keep the average bod quite happy. I have had some great feedback from people who wouldn’t have touched a jazz previously, especially liked the cabin and the build.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 03:17:39 PM »
What impressed my neighbours is showing them Google Maps on the headunit in satellite view.
Let's be careful out there !

Cromwell

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 07:48:04 PM »
I find it strange that the word dire is used without any explanation whatsoever why that view is held, I’ve found nothing negative about it in the month that I’ve owned one, my experience has been 100% positive.

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 09:34:54 PM »
Ah Renaults yes I remember those, brand new Clio followed by brand new Meganne followed by brand new Scenic, got fed up paying out hundreds for dodgy coil packs after the warranties ran out, the Scenic had 4 sets and the guy I sold it to had to pay out for many more, the cure for unreliability was to buy my first Honda Jazz and my second arrives next week dire plastic wheel spinners and all, IMHO FWIW I don’t think they are the most attractive wheels but not as nasty as those on the pre facelift MG ZS EV.  :P :o

nomis

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Advance Sport Platinum White Pearl
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 10:15:27 PM »
The EX has become the Advance in the new facelifted range. The brochure should be available on the Honda website from Monday 3rd April AFAIK. Base price has increased £2,245.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2023, 09:02:40 AM »
Surely it's just a name change by the marketing people, the Advance is to all intents a re-badged EX with a few mods?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2023, 10:37:52 AM »
The ownership stats  are probably distorted because during the chip shortages, Honda, like others , prioritised production of top end models.    When I ordered my EX in september 2021  the EX was available in 2 weeks.(  About the same I think for crosstars. I didnt regard it as 'dire'  I just didnt need the differences.  )
The SE and SR models had been unavailable for weeks and none were expected  from Japan for months. 
All showroom cars and demonstrators were EX, and no local dealerships even had an SE or SR on site that I could look at.    Maybe I might have bought an SR  had I seen one but impatience  tipped the balance to EX. And possibly did for others.   I havnt regretted having the extra luxuries.  :P

Trim levels  have been  altered across the range.  It just needs a new decision about which one now best meets your wishes vs budget.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

SouthernExile

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mark 4 SR Crystal Black (70 Reg)
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2023, 11:10:47 AM »
Some of us on a budget (this was the first new car I had ever bought, despite being in my mid-sixties) had to weigh carefully whether extra spend was worth it. When I settled on the SR in September 2020, all three 'ordinary' models were easily available, but I decided that the SR represented the best balance between cost and what you got. I would have liked a reversing camera, for example, but did I really need it? For similar reasons, I decided to invoke the spirit of Henry Ford's 'any colour so long as it's black', and pay nothing extra for a colour such as red although I would have preferred that to black.
Most of the many advantages of the Mk.4 can be gained with any level of trim, and I hope that those who saved even more than me and plumped for the humble SE are also enjoying them.

Tags:

anything