Author Topic: Parking sensors not working  (Read 5974 times)

Wilmo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 Sport 2018
Re: Parking sensors not working
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2023, 07:53:45 AM »
The deflation warning system doesn't tell you which tyre is an issue either.
A much more important warning so this one is minor by comparison.

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2023, 11:29:46 AM »

I honestly thought that buying a Honda would mean trouble free driving for the foreseeable, but this one issue has really annoyed me, and now that you've told me this - I'm wondering why Honda are choosing to do things this way.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2023, 12:56:13 PM »
Personally I see the indirect system  used by Honda as a distinct advantage over individual tyre monitor valves.    I had heard so many tales of  sensor batteries running out,in 2 or 3 years  or less , and the whole sensor needing to be replaced by a tyre fitter  .

No need to buy expensive electronic monitor valves for each wheel, or periodically get them replaced  or  serviced.    (saved me well over £100 on a second set of wheels)
It uses normal tyre valves and  just monitors the rotation speed of each wheel.  If rotation speed of one or more wheels  becomes  outside expected parameter due to loss of air pressure  the system activates.  Simples .  Even with a tpm system you should be regularly checking tyre pressures anyway, not just rely on the system alerting you.  If I got an activation  I would certainly want to use the opportunity anyway to check the pressures of all 4 tyres at the same time .  No great hardship.

Sometimes the Honda system  will give a 'false alarm  especially if new tyres have just been fitted and not yet bedded in .  But its no big deal  . Just programme it to relearn  what is normal. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2023, 10:35:10 PM »
Update:

Giving them all a smack doesn't work unfortunately.

Have Honda Bristol a call: cost of diagnosis £105, the cost of 1 sensor without fitting £165.

Independent auto electrician quoted £70 for diagnosis and a repair if able to within that hour.

I need to get access to each one and check that they're connected before forking out bundles of cash. Has anyone done this before and is about to offer any advice?

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2023, 11:23:06 AM »
Update:

Took it to a local garage who plugged it in to their diagnostic tool.

At first no faults were found when the parking sensor switch is off, but when switched on, the tool showed that all 4 rear sensors were not working. (Maybe this could be significant?)

They told me that the most likely cause is wiring, and as they do not have wiring diagrams they said that I should take it to an auto electrician. (Which will cost me £70 at the very least!!)

I cannot find the location of the parking sensor fuse anywhere in the manual or online?

Does anyone have any idea of the fuse location?

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2023, 03:09:50 PM »
I'd guess it's more likely to be a connector issue, there must be a multi-pin connector somewhere behind the rear bumper plastic I'd have thought. Just a guess .......

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2023, 12:19:30 AM »
I would like to have a look at the connectors and the unit, but not entirely sure how to access it.

I have tried to buy a Haynes manual but they aren't available to buy in book form and I don't understand what you are getting when you buy the 'online' manual.

There are some videos that relate to the MK2, does anyone know if they are relevant to the MK3 aswell?

orcadian

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz SE
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2023, 08:38:57 PM »
Yas,
We have a sept 15 Mk3 SE bought in 2018, so should be about the same as yours.  Ours was fine for a year or so and then had more or less the same faults as yours.  Does yours sleep outside?  Ours is worse in the winter (in Orkney!) and sleeps outside. Never gives trouble in Summer. A couple of days ago it did it again - as soon as I turned on the ignition all 5 images in orange came on - even though there is no centre sensor at the rear!  I turned the flashing green off, sprayed each sensor with WD and drove away with it still turned off.  A few miles down the road, I pushed the button and it was solid green and no amber warnings or bleeps.  Result - I thought!  A few days later when slowing down through 20mph for a T junction there was a beep and the centre rear logo was lit.  Switched off the green light and went on my way.  Switched it on again whilst driving and all is well till next time!!
I've started to leave them off (in the cold damp weather) until I start a manoeuvre where I might benefit from them and they work.  Not an ideal solution but less irritating!
I have an iCarsoft unit but haven't been arsed plugging it in to check but might just see one day.

Ian

Nizzehult

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 -16
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2023, 05:20:06 PM »
Hi,
New here and not from UK so please be gentle.

Just bougth a Jazz MK3 from -16 and everything but the parking sensors are working (does also have backup cam).
Have tried to clean them but no success. It's bugging me that the panel just says "check system" without saying which sensor(s) is bad; that you must have a diag tool to sort this out.
Anyhow, has anyone tried this:

https://pandgmotors.com/diagnostics/honda-civic-how-to-reset-initialise-park-assist-sensors-on-honda-vehicles-step-by-step/

Will test it myself later on (the car is out right now).

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2023, 10:10:18 PM »
Hi,

I did try this, it didn't work for me, I hope it does for you.

In the manual it states the procedure to disable the rear sensors, which I did, so I now have the front sensors working instead of none of them.

As I said earlier, the garage I took it to have told me all 4 of my rear sensors are showing a fault which suggests a wiring issue and at least £80 to fix.

I haven't booked it in to the auto electrician yet and I'm not sure if I will given what I'll get for the cost.

I would like to access the rear sensors control unit to have a fiddle but I can't find any information about how to do this.

If anyone has the know how please let me know 🙂

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red

Tags:

anything