Author Topic: Late Mk2 Jazz prices firming up?  (Read 1719 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Late Mk2 Jazz prices firming up?
« on: January 24, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »
https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars/honda/jazz-14-i-vtec-exl-5-door/details-vdblsrm

Here's a Mk2 Jazz - admittedly a late model - up for nearly £11,000. In my area there seem to be quite a few nudging the £10,000 mark as well.

There was a view that the Mk3 is/was a disappointment. I think it's more that the tech is just too much especially the ridiculous infotainment screen so an older audience is holding on to older cars. I decided to check this out with my local dealer by enquiring after late Mk2 cars. I was told they were still in strong demand, especially late models and they didn't have any late models in stock.

Interesting.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Re: Late Mk2 Jazz prices firming up?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 05:56:02 PM »
That's for sale at my local dealer - I'd have thought that bearing in mind the key feature of the EXL is its leather seats they'd mention them.  They continue to be muppets.

I notice they've also got a March 14 ES Plus and a Feb 15 EX, both autos, both 10K miles.  They're both £9995, which doesn't make any sense.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
You would think that due to fact that Honda buyers are normally older people who do not need all those screens and auto functions in their life that Honda would produce a model without them (with good old tactile easily reached knobs and big buttons -  like my Civic) - I personally think MK3 is just a clone of other similar cars from other makers rather than a ground breaker like GD and GE.   My wife certainly would not want a screen that does everything,  and the ergonomics in the 8th Gen Civic with split dashboard, high mounted digital speedo and nice functional knobs and buttons is spot on.

Screens are for millennials ---- (who it seems cannot function without one).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RScorpio

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2013 EXL CVT. Previously Honda Jazz 2004 SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 09:25:27 PM »
I can't say anything for the manual versions as I have only been actively tracking prices for the automatic version, and do think that the poor response to the i-shift version which people just don't want to touch, has definitely created a void. This has bumped up prices for the CVT versions which were again available only from 2011 onwards and is in turn bumping up prices for the later years.

Also if you want a sunroof which comes with the EX or EXL version, like I have done, presumably there is nothing available with the MK3 version..

Another example of an EXL 2011 auto version crazily priced just below the £10k mark..
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801192919097?exclude-writeoff-categories=on&body-type=Hatchback&sort=price-asc&make=HONDA&aggregatedTrim=EXL&year-from=2009&advertising-location=at_cars&model=JAZZ&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&transmission=Automatic&radius=80&postcode=bn35dw&page=1

nab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 08:50:08 AM »
That's for sale at my local dealer - I'd have thought that bearing in mind the key feature of the EXL is its leather seats they'd mention them.  They continue to be muppets.

I notice they've also got a March 14 ES Plus and a Feb 15 EX, both autos, both 10K miles.  They're both £9995, which doesn't make any sense.

Funny you should say that as there is a new updated version already of the mk 3 due out in a few months ???? So it seems they are having trouble selling them ??  :o :o :o

peteo48

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 12:51:07 PM »
I think the Mk3 has slightly better performance, slightly better mpg and slightly lower emissions. It is also slightly longer. A 6 speed box is useful for those who do a fair amount of high speed cruising. It is a slightly better car in the round.

On the down side they have removed one of the 2 gloveboxes, removed the passenger side cup holder and put that silly infotainment screen in which is not as user friendly as the old set up (not just a Honda thing though). For me, as an old codger these are unwelcome changes.

It's all of a piece with an evolutionary approach but there's nothing to make you think - "I'll get rid of my Mk2 asap and get one of these."

The new sport model really does offer something different. I'll be interested to see how it sells.

Tags:

anything