Author Topic: 2013 1.2s +AC Fuses  (Read 5814 times)

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
2013 1.2s +AC Fuses
« on: March 03, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »
Hi

After a crappy night looking for a fuse that i thought was blown and discovering the problem was something else with a blown fuse not the car itself, I have now discovered the joy of tiny spade fuses and how bad they are to refit!
My question.... the manual says a description or what fuse does what is on the fuse box cover (there isn't a cover) or on the panel on the side (it isn't). The handbook downloaded as my car didn't have one says the cigarette lighter socket (that isn't) is fuse 13 (20a). I checked it and it wasn't blown and I ended up checking every fuse and in the end it wasn't a Honda fuse as I said. I did google on the web as well and got a variety of answers as to which fuse the ancillary socket is. So is there hidden away somewhere a list of what fuse does what actually attached anywhere on my car?
Friday morning and next weeks work was cancelled this morning till a later date so agitated!  ;D

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: 2013 1.2s +AC Fuses
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
Halfords (and probably other places) sell fuses with an integral LED,  normally there is no voltage across the fuse but when the fuse blows the LED sees a voltage and lights up,  it is a lot easier looking for a fuse with an LED lit up than taking out the fuse and checking it - why don't car makers think of these things ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JohnAlways

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:11:03 AM »
Culzean!!! What a magic idea, i expect they will have to go the right way round to bias properly for the LED but yes would save a lot of grief. I'm going to Halfords dinner time to get a replacement fuse for my double accessory adaptor (the one that caused the problem). I was using the Honda tyre pump for the first time to pump up the wife's tyre! I'm going to look for these fuses at the same time. For essential circuits that's a brilliant idea. Thanks for that worth exploring if there is no fuse chart apart from the manual. I did print the manual off from PDF but it's in A4 in a massive folder :)

JohnAlways

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
Hi Culzean
Ordered on Amazon so will probably never need them :)  Thanks for the tip
John

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »
These fuses are not sensitive to polarity as you would never know if you had inserted them the correct way because they will not light up if fuse is intact (and there is no way of checking if they light up or not before you fit them as long as the fuse link is intact) they will have diodes inside to ensure they do not mind which way they are connected. 

One point though - whatever the fuse is protecting has to be switched on, ie headlight fuse will not light up if headlights are not in 'on' position because they need the circuit to be made to enable LED to see a voltage across the fuse.

Car makers do normally supply some sort of tweezers that fit over the fuse to enable it to be pulled out easily,  these are normally in fuse box or in the lid.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:11:25 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JohnAlways

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 12:30:29 PM »
Hi Culzean

yes I found those and they work well thank goodness.
I pulled every fuse, checked and refitted them, my problem was I had several different fuses listed as the ancillary socket for Fit and Jazz and then depending on heated mirrors or not etc. At  8:30 pm it was dark! I was a bit fed up after that not finding any blown fuses was scratching my head. I was due to drive 165 miles to Southport  Monday 5:00 am and was concerned about not being able to power the sat nav. I couldn't find my spare fuses either though I have about 50 of them... probably somewhere safe. now I know it's not the mini spades I can wait for the LED ones to arrive from Amazon and going to pop down to Halfords for the adaptor fuses, glass 5 amp but going to be 10 amp now I think. Don't like shocks like that!
Have an MOT 13th so I have bought new wiper blades just in case :) I don't think it needs more than a quick check over to be honest but weather permitting I'm planning to look at the rear brakes Sunday as they haven't been touched since new. More of a clean and free up for another year. 62,000 miles now 13 plate and still no issues :)

JohnAlways

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »
Back from Halfords and the fuse I need is a radio fuse so I have that even thought the max is 5 amp. have to be more careful :)
Now I've seen an assortment of spade fuses at Halfords I think my Jazz uses Micro spade fuses not Mini and the Micro don't seem to be available with LEDs. I've cancelled the Amazon order but not worrying if they turn up.
Maybe the Micro are just to small to have an LED.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »
Back from Halfords and the fuse I need is a radio fuse so I have that even thought the max is 5 amp. have to be more careful :)
Now I've seen an assortment of spade fuses at Halfords I think my Jazz uses Micro spade fuses not Mini and the Micro don't seem to be available with LEDs. I've cancelled the Amazon order but not worrying if they turn up.
Maybe the Micro are just to small to have an LED.

Halfords do supply micro fuses with LED I have just bought some for my motorbike, they sell multi-kits but I did not get one because there were only a couple of sizes in kit that I needed, but they sell packs of two in various ratings. Maplin sell them as well.  Maplin also sell a fuse kit with 10 each of 18 types of one inch x 1/4  inch and 20mm x 5mm fuses (180 total) for about £16 which is good value, they come in a sturdy plastic box.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:45:19 PM by culzean »

EWJCoach

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz HATCHBACK 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2022, 07:34:45 PM »
@JohnAlways.

Hello, I am hoping you remember which fuse it was (where) that you replaced for the radio in your car.

My radio consol has gone on the Fritz and for the life-of-me, I cannot locate where the fuse is for this.

I have a similar model, a couple of years older but same Model.

Hoping....

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2022, 08:12:36 PM »
@JohnAlways.

Hoping....
And some, the post was 5 years ago!

I have a 1.4, so not sure if the fuse would be the same. However, this link may be helpful for you EWJ

https://fuse-box.info/honda/honda-fit-ge-2009-2014-fuses

Fuse 61   30 A   Radio

According to this video, this is where the radio fuse can be found. It's for a Fit, but I would be surprised if RHD Jazz used a different fuse board.

Not sure about the Jazz radio, but I know a lot of cars have a fuse behind the radio. This video shows removal.

HTH  :)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 04:17:45 PM »
Just a general tip.  Most fuse types have external  contacts  so you can check if they have blown without removing them. You can see the contacts on the video image  - the little dots either side of the amps number. 

Just set a multimeter to ohms, and check for continuity by touching a probe to both pins.     Possibly not 100% reliable if you miss the tiny pin,  but can be more accurate than pulling the fuse and visually checking for a break.   Fuses (and light bulbs) that have actually  blown can sometimes look ok.   

If you havnt got a multimeter I highly recommend buying one.  It has many uses around the home and car. My digital one, which cost about £8, has more than paid itself  in things I have been able to fix, and aa and aaa batteries I didnt change early because they still showed a good voltage, and the problem was dodgy contact in the battery compartment.     
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything