Author Topic: Servicing costs?  (Read 2647 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Servicing costs?
« on: October 30, 2016, 04:22:17 PM »
Hi,
Just having read the previous posts plus honda service plans I would make the following comments, first, the £140  service is a lot of money for an oil and filter and a quick look round, for an extra £100 you can have the air filter, brake fluid and pollen filter not a bargain in my opinion. nowhere does it mention changing spark plugs. my local garage will do a full service for about £150 including plugs. any comments anyone? I bought the car secondhand from a honda dealer and have 2 years warranty, I am happy with the car but not the standard of servicing,
Chris

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Servicing costs?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »
The iridium plugs with which the car comes cost around £52 to replace. They are recommended to be replaced at 75k miles. The price you have been quoted is not for iridium plugs.

Once my car is 5 years old next year I will diy...  as I do with our 13 year old |Yaris...for 10 years..

guest1372

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
Cabin filter and air filter are the two easiest diy jobs on a Jazz for £10 > £15 each.  Once you've left the official Honda service plan then a pragmatic approach of a garage for the oils & fluids (plus stamp), and your own labour to supplement this seems a sensible route to take.

If you can inspect a sample plug first then you can make an informed choice as to their replacement.
--
TG

guest5079

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »
When I bought our 2010 EX Ishift two years ago, it came with 2yrs servicing, 2 yrs warranty, 2yrs Honda care and free MOT. This has just expired so I emailed the dealer asking if there were any service plans etc available.
 Answer: a big fat zilch.
So whatever the charges and I wasn't too happy about the servicing it will be going to my local garage for whatever I can't do.

Tags: