Author Topic: Purchase of 14-reg 1.4 ES Plus CVT  (Read 5216 times)

guest6296

Purchase of 14-reg 1.4 ES Plus CVT
« on: August 27, 2016, 08:15:22 AM »
The previous thread I started has disappeared for some reason, so apologies to TG and sitefive if they never got to read my last replies. Thank you for your replies anyway.

Basically I was saying I thought the price I paid of £9500 with my old 2006 Jazz CVT (107,000 miles) in part/ex was fair. The deal was with a main Honda dealer (so wasn't expecting a bargain anyway!) and included three years free servicing and warranty cover. The car I’ve bought was owned by an older gentleman who changes his car every two years. It has 18,000 on the clock and is in immaculate condition. It was sold and serviced by the same main dealer I bought it from. We went for the ES Plus (which seems to be a pretty rare beast) because it has cruise control without the panoramic roof which we felt was pretty pointless and might cause potential problems down the line.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Purchase of 14-reg 1.4 ES Plus CVT
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »
I felt you were right on the mark, also that's the model I would pick.  Good luck and enjoy many years of worry free motoring.
--
TG

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 11:51:06 AM »
We went for the ES Plus (which seems to be a pretty rare beast) because it has cruise control without the panoramic roof which we felt was pretty pointless and might cause potential problems down the line.

The ES Plus was introduced mid 2013 and had several upgrades compared to the ES it replaced including cruise control, privacy glass, 16" alloy wheels, drivers front arm rest and leather steering wheel.

We looked at the EX and ES Plus when buying new and personally were not bothered with the extra gizmos that came with the EX (I know myself if I need the wipers and headlights on ;D), no problems and happy with the ES Plus so far, now due it's first MOT in November.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:48:57 PM by Hobo »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:33:38 PM »
The previous thread I started has disappeared for some reason, so apologies to TG and sitefive if they never got to read my last replies. Thank you for your replies anyway.

Topic was deleted pending review and one member has been banned due to the comments posted. The original topic has been reinstated after moderation and can be found here:

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8457.0

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »
I think you made an excellent choice with this car and the deal with the dealership! Congratulations!! Do you already collected the car? Show us some photos. :)

About the 16 inch tyres..., i am not familiar with this model, but is it not possible to change them over time with complete 15 inch wheels? Then you have the advantages of more choice in tyres and their better price.

guest6296

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 10:35:54 PM »
I felt you were right on the mark, also that's the model I would pick.  Good luck and enjoy many years of worry free motoring.
--
TG

Thanks.

guest6296

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 10:48:32 PM »
I think you made an excellent choice with this car and the deal with the dealership! Congratulations!! Do you already collected the car? Show us some photos. :)

About the 16 inch tyres..., i am not familiar with this model, but is it not possible to change them over time with complete 15 inch wheels? Then you have the advantages of more choice in tyres and their better price.

No, will collect at end of next week probably. I have read on this forum about 16 inch tyres and that they are much more expensive than 15 inch. I could not afford to change to 15 inch wheels, so will have to put up with more expensive tyres. I usually use Michelin Energy which are very hard wearing I find and so hopefully I won't be changing tyres too often anyway.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 11:27:55 PM »
Price seems OK - my next door neighbour just bought a late 2011 ES CVT for £5,500 in a private sale.  It's only done 19K but he's the 4th (might even be 5th - the seller had been left the car and didn't want an auto).   I think they agreed the price based on what it came up for on WeBuyAnyCar, so that should be its worst-case value.

So a much newer ES Plus CVT, from a dealer, with 3 services (say £750) sounds perfectly reasonable.

On the 16" tyres, there's quite a lot more choice now than there used to be, although they are going to be a bit dearer than 15".  I note Michelin do them now, and they didn't when we got our first EX in 2009.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:30:51 PM by Rory »

guest6296

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 09:48:27 PM »
Price seems OK - my next door neighbour just bought a late 2011 ES CVT for £5,500 in a private sale.  It's only done 19K but he's the 4th (might even be 5th - the seller had been left the car and didn't want an auto).   I think they agreed the price based on what it came up for on WeBuyAnyCar, so that should be its worst-case value.

So a much newer ES Plus CVT, from a dealer, with 3 services (say £750) sounds perfectly reasonable.

On the 16" tyres, there's quite a lot more choice now than there used to be, although they are going to be a bit dearer than 15".  I note Michelin do them now, and they didn't when we got our first EX in 2009.

An even greater bonus was to find that I can cancel the enhanced breakdown cover I have with the AA as the 3 year Honda warranty I now have will replace it, saving me £375 over the next 3 years. So well pleased all-in-all.

The ES Plus CVT is excellent in all respects EXCEPT the driver's seat which I am finding is giving me backache (see separate thread) which is a disappointment to be honest as I had no such problem in my previous Jazz (2006 1.4SE CVT). I'm hoping that my back will "adjust" as other posters have found. I've tried every adjustment possible but I feel that the seat does not go back far enough.

Tags:

anything