Author Topic: Jazz 2003 1.3 gearbox cold (idle) problem, read description to understand  (Read 3499 times)

guest6254

Hi, i am a newbie. I have tried searching for similar problems. But will take me days.

I need to fix my honda jazz 2003 transmission.

The problem,
When cold (idle more than 2 hours). Hard to get in the gear, need to play N --> D (wait for 5 second, while throttle at 2rpm) --> N (repeat), sometime the D flashes, i have to shut off the car n start again. After 5-10 mins of that process the car can go.
After that the gears are perfectly fine, no problem.
Been like this for a year (aug 2015)

The gear has done 191111km, 1 month ago change flush gearbox myself  (apr2016).(though it was the gear oil)
What is the problem? Can anyone help?

Fixing.
A) buy used gearbox
B) expert mechanic that knows whats wrong.
C) tell me whats wrong with it, i pay u if it works

So which one of you could supply either options on top?

guest5589

• Topic Starter
By auto you mean the CVT box? When you changed the oil, did you use original Honda CVT oil or something else because Honda gearboxes do not like any other oil

guest6254

• Topic Starter
Yes, i bought the cvt oil (after asking honda) from honda.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Do you still have the hand book? I seem to remember reading in it about your problem.
There is a slot next to the gear lever that you put the key into to 'unlock' the gear box (I think).
Please read the hand book to make certain that what I have said is correct because it is a distant memory.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest6254

• Topic Starter
To my concern. That is for anti theft system.
I dont have a manual book. Bought it of someone. I have press that button b4 when my car did this problem. Still wont do any change to what i am facing.  :'(

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
I think you should be able to find an online PDF manual for your car try googling for it. Have you tried eBay for one? there seems to be everything on that site.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

guest6254

• Topic Starter
I think i wont find anything on the manual regarding the problem that im facing.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Flashing "D" may log a transmission error code. If you can read the error code, that information might point you in the right direction.

Other than that, I'd be checking transmission oil pressures as per service manual.

There is a filter inside the transmission, but you have to remove the transmission and split the case in order to change that filter.

guest6254

• Topic Starter
Thanks, i will try to find out about this code errors on the flashing. Even so i didnt care much of the sequence of the flashing D.

Tags: