Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3516 times)

guest6006

« on: March 31, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »
Long term browser. New to post.

Well Have owned the Jazz for 3 years now and shes just come out of warranty so i am in the process of making it stand out and well look unique. I have done several things to it so far with images attached :). Its still a Jazz. But i did de badge the Jazz and place a Fit replacement on it :)

Where to start, i got ripped off with a supposedly "Power flow" system put on it. Took it for MOT a year later and slapped with a fail. Due to it leaking excessively and was held together with clamps and chewing gum plus it was meant to be stainless and well it rusted! So i'm never going to touch them again. Had it replaced with a full stainless Catback system by Proflow tigged up flanged and 0 Clamps Plus shotgun mounted Japcan. They also Re mapped the car to suit the new system they made for it. No idea what BHP its running now and i highly doubt its increased by much.

Attached are links to the Album for the Exhaust work done: http://imgur.com/a/HOAu0

Secondly. Due to living on a main road and the spaces up the top of it are on a first come first serve basis (90% of the time i never get one due to working shifts) The car has been walloped and the driver burnt off leaving no details. The aftermath is a ruined drivers door and scuffed front Bumper and wing. Wasn't happy But that triggered my creative side and i decided to Sticker bomb it £14 quid Lacquer+Stickers and the front wing is now repaired  no more scratches and a unique panel to boot. You can see the damaged door in the image below

The Sticker bombing+Door: http://imgur.com/a/2MCgK

Third, Well im in a rut at the minute. I have some 40mm lowering springs BUT i wont put them on until i have a decent set of Alloys to complete the look, cant use stock ones as their kirb rashed. The wheels i'm contemplating are "Lenso Samurai D1-R" with a set of Toyo Proxes to sit it on. As for the roof racks Well i know its a little Euro but i like having them on it. Since the door was damaged I plan on giving it a little Rat look also thinking of slinging an old BMX up on the racks and bolting it down.

Few things to come. Well I'm unsure really as its a Jazz. Wouldn't mind changing the rear tail lights to the Japanese LED ones but theirs plenty of room in the future for further mods to come. I don't plan on touching the engine at all as its a waste on a 8V 1.4 DSI engine.

Also i dont think i could part with the car too. Aiming to keep it in the Family for as long as i can. She holds a very special value to me that i don't even think a Million pound Vayron could ever replace. It was the 1st car i purchased with my Farther before he passed away last year so id be very heartbroken it i lost it but that's the value it holds to me and i plan to keep that for as long as i can keep her going for.

People do laugh and scoff at it because their not a "Hot hatch" more so a "pensioner wagon" Just gets shunned off nowdays :)

guest5589

• Topic Starter
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »
Hello and welcome to ClubJazz.

Interesting bit of history you have with your Jazz. shame about the hit and run but that is how society is progressing these days. I too owned a nice and clean garden variety Jazz SE and so far have had two instances where people rubbed the panels off, once at the GP and once in a super market. I have left them alone as for  a city car you can never know when it is going to happen next.

I just make sure it clean and tidy and give it regular service and don't think too much about outside scratches as they are nothing but heartache.

how much did the custom exhaust cost you btw?

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07:46 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

guest6006

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 02:33:10 AM »
how much did the custom exhaust cost you btw?

Costed me just shy of 400 Quid. 1Million times better that the state of a system i had on before :). Just waiting for funds to be available to be able to get a new set of alloys for her and the door repaired :)

Tags:

anything