Author Topic: Flash drive connectivity  (Read 5525 times)

guest3042

Flash drive connectivity
« on: October 14, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »
I have just put a few albums on a flash drive memory stick to play in my Jazz Hybrid via the USB port but, unlike the iPod, it doesn't seem to list individual albums, just plays the songs in the order they were put on the stick.
It makes selecting an album long-winded because I have to go through every song until I find the album I want.
Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? I have tried following the instructions in the Jazz owner's manual, but to no avail.

Thanks

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Flash drive connectivity
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:41:25 PM »
IIRC I ended up putting all my music into the root folder on the flash drive and setting it to random play (if there was such an option - it wasn't very random). I don't think the system is clever enough to show what is playing. This was better than nothing and not one of the reasons I changed the car for a Mk 3 (which is an improvement in this respect).
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest3042

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »
John, thanks for your reply. You may be right, but I don't think I can justify upgrading to the new Jazz on the strength of this either!

guest4326

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 09:12:53 PM »
I have each album as a separate folder on the usb stick. Then if you hold the track up or down button on the steering wheel until it beeps, you can skip to the first track of the next or previous album. Hope this makes sense.

guest3042

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »
I think I have cracked it now, but it is not as intuitive as the iPod unfortunately.
Thank you for your help.

Tags: