Author Topic: USB music "unsupported"  (Read 6547 times)

ella

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC EX Urban Titanium
USB music "unsupported"
« on: March 02, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »
I have had my Honda Jazz since November 2012 when it was new from the garage.  It has been playing mp3 music very happily in all that time via the USB cable.  Suddenly I am getting the message UNSUPPORTED displayed and the music stops.  These are the same players and tracks that I have been using for over 2 years.  The songs start to play just fine and about 4 to 10 minutes into playback I get the dreaded "Unsupported" error and the player refuses to continue unless the USB drive is disconnected and reconnected. Once reconnected, (rebooted) the music files again begin to play from where they ended when the "Unsupported" error stopped the playback. So far they have never resumed playback for more than 5 minutes. What to do, this is sooo annoying.
Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC EX Urban Titanium

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: USB music "unsupported"
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 08:53:19 AM »
Suggest format the memory stick and copy the music back on.  Static electricity can affect the NAND buffer in USB sticks.  If it does not help, try another

You can get a (free) dedicated USB stick formatter that is purported to do a better job than Windows.  I once had a stick that was locked and this sorted it

See:  http://www.authorsoft.com/usb-disk-storage-format-tool.html
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags: