Author Topic: 2003 honda jazz se sport auxiliary output?  (Read 6400 times)

guest5066

2003 honda jazz se sport auxiliary output?
« on: February 07, 2015, 02:56:33 PM »
i have a 2003 honda jazz se sport with the factory fitted cd player, on the button to change cd it says cd/aux, does this mean it is possible to install an aux output onto this? there is a cap in the centre console below the heater knobs that looks like it would hold the aux hook up. Also it a case of removing the cd player and just plugging it in or is there wiring to be done?

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
Re: 2003 honda jazz se sport auxiliary output?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
Yes you can install an AUX port. You will either need to get the original honda parts, which will cost quite a bit. Or do a DIY install.

I did the latter many years ago and it works perfectly although I have to say we've hardly used it.

You'll need to make yourself a small wiring harness that plugs into the back of your CD player unit with the other end wired to a 3.5mm phono socket. These can be had for a few quid in say Maplins.

It's not difficult to do at all, but takes some time. You need to remove the CD/head unit which if I remember correctly comes away with a few screws and a few "pinch" tabs that were quite tight. You will also need to remove the centre console (where the gear stick/hand brake are) so that you can drill a small hole for the AUX port.

There is a how-to on another forum somewhere. I can try and find it if you want it.

ayoungh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2013 SI - White
Re: 2003 honda jazz se sport auxiliary output?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »
I have just brought a 2005 Honda Jazz and am thinking of doing the same, would the following cable be ok for this car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261300577329?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tags: