Author Topic: Honda Jazz SE Passenger front door dead  (Read 3359 times)

guest5226

Honda Jazz SE Passenger front door dead
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:45:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if there would be anybody to help me. I just bought a 2008 Honda Jazz SE which had a slight damage to the left front door, which is now swapped with another door of the same colour along with its folding mirror because mirror was also damaged. Now the left door is completely dead. No heating on the mirror, window up/down doesn't work. also central locking works on all doors except this door. i can lock it manually. Don't know what could be the problem. Somebody said it could be wiring harness left disconnected. Does anybody know where to find this wire or any other idea. Please help.....

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Honda Jazz SE Passenger front door dead
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 01:41:23 AM »
Hello and welcome

Somebody said it could be wiring harness left disconnected.

Nail on head. Everything not working need electricity, so either the wiring harness for that door has been left disconnected (or maybe isn't even there! (bought without it?)).

Look at the second image on this page: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E00J54283222101DBAT00.HTML and think about a mirror image of that (RHD?)

Take a look at the door harness: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171625801528

The white plug at the top centre of the picture connects to the wiring harness on that side of the car. The concertina piece is what you can see between the hinges of the front of the door - between the door and the frame. The rest of it connects the various electrical items within the door.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:59:26 AM by Eddie Honda »

guest5226

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 05:33:42 PM »
Hi Eddie....!

Thanks for reply. I checked the harness wire and according to you it was left behind disconnected, so i connected it to its connector. Now Central locking and window up/down works properly. But Left mirror heating and folding doesn't work. I checked the fuse box but couldn't find any fuse for mirror. do you think its to do with fuse or anything. And indicator is working on mirror as well. Any idea about folding system?

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:43:57 AM »
Ok, so some stuff isn't working.

Central locking, window and side indicator works.
Mirror heating and folding doesn't work.

a) Does the door speaker work?
b) Does the mirror adjustment in all directions work?

Fuse 7 / 30A covers Power mirror defogger, Sunroof motor. (Fuse 7 is in the engine compartment fuse box.)
Fuse 22 / 7.5A covers A/C compressor clutch relay, A/C switch, Blower motor relay, Condenser fan relay, Heater control panel, Power mirror actuator, Power mirror defogger relay, Radiator fan relay (Fuse 22 is in the under-dash fuse box.)

If they are okay, check the wiring again. Have a look at the plug you plugged back in and note how many wires / it has. Might give a clue as to if it has the correct door wiring loom or not. Other than that, check the mirror wiring to see if it is connected and connected correctly.

(I'm beginning to wonder if the door loom fitted to the car is the short of a couple of plugs!)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:59:07 AM by Eddie Honda »

Tags: