Author Topic: Jazz Rear Bumper  (Read 2272 times)

guest5224

Jazz Rear Bumper
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:56:35 PM »
Hi,
I own a 2004 Mk1 Jazz and look to fit a 'Mk1 Facelift' Rear Bumper on the car - would anyone be able to tell me if it would fit before I go and buy one?  Reason being I'm struggling to find a good quality unblemished Mk1 bumper and look to put a new but pattern copy bumper in its place, at a more reasonable price than new from a dealer?  Alternatively does anyone know of good source for a Mk1 bumper in the UK?
Kind regards,
WilliamJ.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
Re: Jazz Rear Bumper
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 04:30:57 PM »
There a couple of co's supplying pattern bumpers and lots of used bumpers on e-b*y. The fixings are, I think, the same pre and post facelift on mk1. Newer models are a different shape, so will not fit at all.
Personally, having had experience of pattern bumpers in the past, I would get a good original and have it sprayed in a shop. The quality and fit will be better.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 01:52:06 AM »
Get the least damaged original you can find and find someone who will do the ABS welding and repainting?

I might have a go at this myself in the future as I got a rear bumper coming off a Jazz shortly that is slightly damaged (by the deformable chassis post behind it)

guest5224

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »
Many thanks for your replies - I will take your advice and look for a quality used bumper and go for the same era to be on the safe side.  Much appreciated.
WilliamJ

Tags: