Author Topic: Keys  (Read 2432 times)

guest3326

Keys
« on: January 11, 2015, 03:33:35 PM »
Friend had a spare key cut, a while back, at either Halfords or Timpsons ( she can't remember which). It's not an electronic one, just one that will allow here to manually open the door etc.
We've just been to both stores & they can only cut the electronic key at £91 !!!!!
When we bought our Jazz it came with only 1 key.
As I don't want to risk being locked out of my car, given it locks so quickly if the keys are in the ignition.
Any help from you knowledgeable Honda experts would be great.
Thank you. :D

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Keys
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 04:49:18 AM »
Try a local locksmith or another branch of the above? Someone local must have plain blanks for a key to just get you in the car (if that's all you want).

£91 would be in the right sort of ballpark for a cloned transponder key. They either have to recoup the cost of the code cloning equipment or pay a set amount per key to the supplier of the equipment.

Other than that, there are key cutters online that'll either cut a plain blank to code (if you know it), or alternatively cut a key to a clear photograph of the blade. (e.g. https://keysinthepost.com/product/honda-car-emergency-key-transponder-chip/ )

guest3326

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »
Many thanks Eddie I'll take a look at your link.

Lottie
 :)

guest4512

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:51:30 PM »
You should get a mobile car locksmiths to come to your door and supply a coded key for about £55.

guest3326

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »
Thanks Moob
 :)

Tags: