Author Topic: what is this noise?  (Read 10840 times)

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: what is this noise?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 04:55:25 PM »
Lexi, I think he's already been through the flush stage.

lexi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i shift V TEC
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »
Lexi, I think he's already been through the flush stage.

Ah well. It's drive it or strip it. Looking at other thread, it may be starter clutch?  Was mileage mentioned?

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »
The mileage was mentioned but I can't recall what it is/was.

Turn the stereo up a bit... ;D

Either way I'd say there's plenty of time to work with. Putting the actual noise aside, is is getting louder/longer/worse. If none of the above, keep calm and carry on.

ETA: mileage c. 85k
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:47:30 AM by Eddie Honda »

guest5117

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »
Thanks guys. Yes mileage was 85K when I bought it and 87.5k today.
The noise is not getting any worse. The only thing that is worrying me now is the starter clutch. Its OK when its only me in the car for 90% of the time I am driving alone. On traffic lights it judders a bit just after set off and I am fine with that. Problem is that one day I had 3 colleagues in the car with me as well and none of them is featherweight to say the least. The car seem to be struggling quite a lot with judder slippage when setting off at traffic lights and round abouts. Don't know how long I can pull this without completely loosing the clutch.

Long ago I had a near death experience with a manual car whose clutch had started to slip without my knowledge. I only noticed it when I tried to over take a lorry and thought there was plenty time to overtake it but there wasn't. The car did not pick up speed at all and I just made it to the other end in the nick of time before the oncoming traffic would have hit me. So a slipping clutch (even if its just the starter one) scares me a lot.

Tags:

anything