Author Topic: n/s door lock  (Read 2525 times)

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
n/s door lock
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »
hi all

first post so be gentle with me....

i have a 2006 1.2 jazz. which i purchased on 20/12/14

the passenger side door only locks/unlocks itself with the key, whereas the drivers door unlocks/locks all doors & boot with the key..

is this normal?
'deny everything Baldrick'

guest4078

Re: n/s door lock
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »
No, our 2006 1.2s used to lock/unlock all the doors from the passenger side door lock.

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 12:02:53 PM »
thanks interlock

good old wd40 did the trick..it would appear that the n/s lock is rarely used so just stuck..it is working now but intermittently..but at least it is working...

i'm soon going to have remote central locking fitted any way so no needc for key at all

thanks again

fatlad

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »
update..

n/s central locking actuator kaput..

new one ordered & paid for £160 inc vat..

Honda dealership says this is a common fault due to 'design flaw' in the 1.2 but the 1.4 is ok (yet they are identical parts)??

i asked if Honda UK would contribute to price as a goodwill offer and seeing as its a 'known & common fault'..

response......a big fat NO

ah well you cant blame me for asking

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
good old wd40 did the trick..
fatlad

sorry to hear about your problem, can't understand why 1.2 has the problem but not 1.4 ??

Just a work of warning about WD40 based on long experience ( in industry as well as at home) - it is not designed as a lubricant just a Water Dispersant for electrical stuff and doesn't actually contain anything that can be described as a 'proper' lubricant,  after a short while the WD40 turns to a kind of sticky gunge that attracts dirt,  and after a longer time it turns to a lacquer that will stick things together.  GT85 is much better, it disperses the water and penetrates the moving bits and contains PTFE which is a proper lubricant that will stay in place for a very long time without going sticky.

One bad habit of WD40 is actually to dissolve and wash away any existing lubricant in the equipment and replace it with - well nothing really  :-X
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:39:27 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything