Author Topic: Jazz owner since 2003  (Read 4696 times)

guest4977

Jazz owner since 2003
« on: August 30, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »
Hi there, I've been a Jazz owner since 2003, mainly had silver or blue cars.  My latest colour is because I am a Dr Who fan and its the closest colour to "tardis" I could get.  My car is called Dana and I really wanted to own a forever car, because its expensive updating all the time.  Now Honda are going to update it I've joined here to keep up with the plot.  A work colleague has just bought a Toyota Yaris Hybrid and its so modern inside, my Jazz feels dated compared to hers, but I have always been able to depend on the Jazz over the last 10 years, so do I stick with it?  Hoping, they attract some younger drivers as I feel like an OAP driving it. I did try to give it some welly by buying a private reg and had the Tailgate garnish and chrome front grill, it looks a bit like a bull now from the front.  ;) Michelle.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz owner since 2003
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 07:01:57 PM »
I got so used to the amount of space in my Jazz that when I got a job further from home and needed another car I had get a bigger one (8th Gen Civic).  My wife has just changed her GD for a GE Si and it is lovely to drive.  I keep looking inside comparable size cars like Mini, Fiat 500, Yaris, Fiesta etc. and wonder how they ever expect anyone other than a 6 year old or a dog to be comfortable in the rear seats - and the 'boot' on some of them will only hold one or two shopping bags.  Space inside a car may not high on your list of wants in a car,  but once you have got used to the sheer everyday versatility of the Jazz and its rock solid reliability you have to look hard to find a comparable car.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4977

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:20:28 PM »
I do have 4 sons, 2 of which are now taller than me, and yes the boot and folding seat options are great when you have something large to transport.  Handling is superb too, she almost drives herself.  My husband even got a 2005 Jazz himself last year as he had been so impressed with mine over the years.  Agree with you that the grass is not always as green as it looks. 8)

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »
A work colleague has just bought a Toyota Yaris Hybrid and its so modern inside, my Jazz feels dated compared to hers, but I have always been able to depend on the Jazz over the last 10 years, so do I stick with it? 

Personally when I had a test drive in a Toyota Yaris both myself and my OH thought the inside was plain and dated and the new one does not look much better but then I am comparing it to the latest Jazz, I much prefer the layout and inside of mine to the Yaris.

guest4977

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
I think it was the rear parking camera that must have caught my eye.  I was sat in the back of the Yaris not the front and it was a really short trip.  I did think the image of the battery life/charging would be annoying though. :)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
Hello and welcome :)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:57:24 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

guest4977

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes RichardA and Garyman.

I got a lift off my Yaris colleague this week to a training course.  Got to have a better look, and it was not as good as I thought. Found the front passenger seat very hard and uncomfortable, and I could hear her foot coming off the brake and going to accelerate, a bit too much of a "clunk" for my liking.  The rear parking camera was the only thing I liked, the wow factor, but how much time do you spend reversing compared to driving? oh and I liked getting a free lift home, but I love my Jazz still (after all these years)   ;D

Tags: