Author Topic: Thai edition, 1.5 Jazz  (Read 10519 times)

guest4408

Thai edition, 1.5 Jazz
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
First Jazz owner here. Picked up my new motor today. Chuffed as chips. Took it straight to the petrol station and it took 27 litres to fill the tank, so I guess there was 15 still in it, although the gauge was about 2mm above the "E".

Over here the model is known as the V-AT (the range goes S (basic model, manual), S-AT (basic model, auto), V-AT, and SV-AT (full spec'd out). They're all 1497cc and have discs front (ventilated) and rear (not vent'd).  I'm already noticing quite a few differences from the similar spec'd Jazz in other countries, and since the owners handbook is all in Thai,  I'll no doubt be on with a fair few questions, if y'all don't mind.   ;D

In the meantime, this is what the little buggy looks like:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Thai edition, 1.5 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
Hello and welcome  8)

What kind of spoiler is that? I doubt its a standard one?  Did you get it from a honda dealership?

guest4408

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
Yeah, it came from the dealer. This style of spoiler is pretty common on the 2013 Jazz here in Thailand.

http://www.honda.co.th/th/jazzmodulo

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »
Interesting to see it is right-hand drive as well
If music be the food of love, play on

guest4408

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »
Yup, they drive on the left in Thailand same as at home (interesting cos it's never been invaded or administrated by the British), and these models are actually produced in Thailand (Honda's got some major manufacturing plants here), not imported left-hand drive conversions.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
Yeah, it came from the dealer. This style of spoiler is pretty common on the 2013 Jazz here in Thailand.

http://www.honda.co.th/th/jazzmodulo

That explains it- its the Modulo rear spoiler- technically classed as an aftermarket part (like Mugen) but not available here in the UK  :(

guest4408

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 11:43:22 AM »
Thanks for that Gary. It makes sense of something I'd noticed about the spoiler - the finish isn't really up to the same standard as the rest of the car. You have to get up close to see it, but the paint work is pretty rough in a few patches (actually 'bobbled'). I'm also less than impressed with the door window visors (again 'extras'  provided by the dealer), which are somewhat amateurishly stuck on. I fully expect them to fall off within a few months. There's one or two other bits of detailing which I won't bother to list but which certainly shouldn't have passed quality control (I s'pose I should say the last time I had a brand new car was a VW Golf back in the late 90s, and every inch of it was immaculate, so I was expecting similar quality).

Having said all that, the car is a dream to drive, and I'm enjoying it immensely. We're planning a bit of a 'road trip' over the seasonal holidays and I fully expect it to be a real joy driving this car. :)

guest4408

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »
A few more detail photos, though I'm guessing these are all fairly standard:

guest4408

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:25:44 PM »
Here we are at the business end. I've been pretty impressed so far. Read quite a few reviews before buying that the Jazz was a bit underpowered, but the 1.5 seems to pack a good kick. Haven't even had it over 4000rpm yet either, done a bit of light fast dual carriageway driving and found it to accelerate quickly and smoothly.

guest4408

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »
Front view:

guest4408

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 08:10:17 AM »
My Jazz came with a dealer-fitted security modification called 'locktech', which locks the brake pedal and the ignition system. As this is a local Thai product, I'm guessing most of you won't have seen this before. It basically requires pulling out the lever and pressing a button to lock, then using the key on two barrels to unlock.

http://www.visitlock.com/productgreen_eng.asp

The aftermarket price is 3,500 Thai Baht, about £65, I think.

Incidentally, you can also see the OBD-II socket for connecting an auto scanner in this picture, that little white plastic plug tucked under the dash.

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »
Looks unbelievably like the gg5
Except I prefer your temperature dials to the silly buttons we have

Tags: