Author Topic: Just sold my ES...  (Read 4002 times)

guest2898

Just sold my ES...
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »
Hi everyone.. just to say, i have sold my beloved jazz and bought a mitsubishi ASX... 1.6 2WD its a lovely smooth and practical car with very similar MPG to the jazz with regenerative brakes, stop/go system, hill assist, etc, etc.. its a brand new car, i pick it up tomorrow, i have been with honda for 25 yrs now, not only with honda themselves but rover with honda units under the bonnet.. but i needed a bigger car, and the accord was too expensive, as was the CRV plus the MPG's were pretty poor, i still have the GD which the wife has, so i won't be selling that yet, and when we do, it will probably be a GE! so i will stay on the forum... anyway. what i have read about the mitsu so far, it seems a good car.. no doubt i will change it for another honda in the future....  ;)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Just sold my ES...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 07:19:12 AM »
Well, well, what a co-incidence.  I have the ASX 4WD which I have had for 15 months.  A lot of the country roads are gravel and the ASX is robust enough and has large tyres to manage the rough corrugated roads.  I got the 1.8 litre diesel model and the fuel economy is outstanding.  I thought the 6 speed gearbox was bit over the top as 6th gear isn't good at hill-climbing, but it is a diesel.

I am sure you will like the car.  I nearly bought a Subaru Forester but this one was offered at such a discounted price that I could not refuse.  Subaru and Mitsubishi are sold by the same dealer

(Still have the Jazz 1,4 for use in and around town)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:22:04 AM by chrisc »
If music be the food of love, play on

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 05:46:28 PM »
Good luck with your new car Gaz. :)

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »
Coincidence indeed chris... yes, i have only had it for one day and i absolutely love it!! very soft ride, lovely smooth gearbox,  comfy seats....  its a gem of a car! Honda have just announced that they will be launching a suv crossover model similar in size to the ASX and quashquai.... due for release in 2014, this is not the original site i read it on... but will give you a general idea.... if i like it, no doubt i will be tempted back! and thanks richard, appreciate that....  ;)

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/honda/2013-honda-urban-suv-concept-ar139849.html

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »
Before I bought the Mitsubishi I tried the Honda CR-V.  It did not like the way it handled on gravel roads and with the suspension making clonking noises.  Also, on gravel roads you often need to disable the ABS brakes, or the braking effort is severely compromised and the car shudders all over the place.  I got the impression that the Honda was more lightly built than the ASX.  Certainly the tyres I got with the ASX (Firestone off-road) are superb for bumpy farm roads.  I tried it on some soft sand and although it wanted to go sideways a bit at first, it did not dig in.  The 4-wheel drive club offers tuition for off-roaders and although I am not fanatic like some of the members (one guy wants to drive up Kilimanjaro), I am sure it will help.

There is a game reserve in Botswana where only 4x4 cars are allowed since most of the tracks in the bush are soft sand.  I went there with someone with a Toyota Land Cruiser.  Lovely car but amazingly heavy on petrol (26 litres/100km)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:48:09 PM »
/\ 9mpg imperial??!!

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 06:18:59 AM »
Yes, awful isn't it?  When we drove there 3 years ago, petrol was R 8 / litre (about 60p) and it cost R 720,00 to fill up the 90 litre tank.  Makes you almost cry.

Edit:  There were 5 of us in the car, plus heavy camping equipment, food and water, a large roof-rack with a boat
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:22:27 AM by chrisc »

Tags: