Author Topic: radio not working  (Read 17701 times)

guest3496

radio not working
« on: October 27, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
Hi, I own a 2002 1.4 dsi Sport and last week the radio stopped working, CD works fine. The radio displays the station but no sound and unable to change channels. Emailed Honda UK who have referred me to a dealer. Anyone else had the same problem and how was it fixed.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: radio not working
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:17:36 PM »
Have you tried to disconnect the car`s battery or get the radio`s fuse out?
The radio will loose the preset channels and need to re-tune it.

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:15:24 PM »
 ;D

Dont just jump to a dealer, if you need to replace the stereo unit you can have a look on breakyards or jazz breaking, and have installed by a competent shop  it would cost considerably less than goin to the dealer who would do the same thing..

guest4265

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »
i've just had exactly the same issue - radio's stopped but cd's ok

any advice on what the problem is and the best solution?

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »
Without seeing it, no.  Just remove the power (take off battery terminal, wait 30 seconds and put it back).  If that does not reset it, follow then advice above
If music be the food of love, play on

guest805

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »
52 sport CVT: I have the same problem,cd is fine ,the radio works very occasionally . I think that the  problem started when I was changing the clock as if  I have selected the wrong sequence of buttons ?

If I disconnect the fuse to reset/reboot  ,do I need the radio code?
Today I phoned Honda customer services who told me the code is on page 5 in the service book but it is not ;
On another page the radio code is listed as n/a .They also suggested that I contact the dealer , but they said that I would need to visit in person & pay £20 ! Can this be right ? I have owned the car from new

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:25:28 PM »
If I had owned the car from new, and I then needed a code for the radio - which had not been supplied when I bought the car - for which they then wanted 20 quid to tell me, there would be a very free and frank discussion all over the showroom!

Tags:

anything