Author Topic: Highest mileage Jazz?  (Read 49836 times)

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
Re: Highest mileage Jazz?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2021, 07:21:20 PM »
I’m sure it’s been talked about on here already, but I read about some guy on the Fit Freaks forum who clocked over 500k on his 2009 Jazz, or Fit... he took it everywhere in America it seemed, killed the car by driving through a flooded road. Loads of people on that forum have jazzes with over 200k, seems to be the norm over there.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2021, 10:18:29 PM »
In the US, they drive much greater distances than we do in the UK, and if the car is up to it, then those sort of mileages are no great problem. And the Honda Jazz is certainly up to it. If my body and my car's body last a few years longer, I could maybe get to 200K.

swhull

• Approved Member
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2021, 06:37:06 AM »
If my body and my car's body last a few years longer, I could maybe get to 200K.

Judging by Honda’s reputation I’m certain their reliability and build quality trumps that of our creator! Hope you surpass the 200k !

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2021, 10:07:44 AM »
And the Honda Jazz is certainly up to it. If my body and my car's body last a few years longer, I could maybe get to 200K.

That's the problem here, the US climate is generally drier, and far less of that nasty road salt. No reason why a Jazz couldn't do several hundred thousand miles if rust was kept at bay.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2021, 04:53:42 PM »
Slightly off-topic, but there was an article in the Honda owner's magazine around 2004 where someone had clocked up at least 100k in an original-shape Insight since 2000 (i.e., four years). I remember reading Honda being very impressed.
Confirmed, Honda UK took back his 100000 +  mile Honda car and offered a new car in return, no doubt it was sent to Japan to be assessed and measured  to see how it had fared after the mileage
Actually 100000 miles was trivial for those 2000 year Insights, being  entirely engineer-led in specification and construction, in the USA,  several  exceeded 500,000 miles on original engines and one example  almost 700, 000 miles until written of by an accident with a large animal.  It was rumoured that Honda purposely subsidised those 2000 year Insights , selling them at a mere  50% of the manufacturing cost

billyausten

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE3 Jazz Sport
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2021, 11:24:59 PM »
I had an original ZE1 Insight for a year or so, absolutely amazing little car. At the time I was commuting from Reading to Derby, it could do the round trip on just over £10 of fuel, this would have been in 2009. As stated above it was obviously very much engineer led, it felt like a very refined prototype, not quite production ready. While it excelled at some things, it was not without fault or quirk. These quirks and the need for more space led me to sell it sadly, however I'm glad I got to own one. My personal record for economy over a decent length trip was 87.5mpg over 106 miles. My Jazz really reminds me of it actually, and thankfully it is devoid of the quirks.
Current: '08 GE3 Sport, '97 CE1 Aerodeck 2.2iES
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2021, 11:56:06 PM »
What about an engine upgrade  ;)

billyausten

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE3 Jazz Sport
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2021, 11:24:56 PM »
Brilliant! I'll share details of another similar project I have still in a day or so, but this very much appeals.
Current: '08 GE3 Sport, '97 CE1 Aerodeck 2.2iES
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

Lady-t

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz !.4 SE Sport
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2021, 04:47:18 PM »
Hi,
am new to the forum but this has intrigued me.
I have a 2005 SE Sport, bought brand new and i have clocked up 254,000+ miles so far over the years. No major issues, other than a new starter motor in January this year.
Just wondering if anyone has a higher mileage on their Mk1?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2021, 04:51:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Certainly beats me by a mile. 138,605 for me.

Lady-t

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz !.4 SE Sport
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2021, 07:02:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Certainly beats me by a mile. 138,605 for me.

Thanks for the welcome :) am hoping he will last me a while longer, grown quite attached over the years. Aim for 300k+ perhaps?!

swhull

• Approved Member
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2021, 08:52:52 PM »
Hi,
am new to the forum but this has intrigued me.
I have a 2005 SE Sport, bought brand new and i have clocked up 254,000+ miles so far over the years

That’s pretty epic! I’m sure you’ll get to 300k easily.

bus_ter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz SE
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2021, 10:59:10 PM »
My car is just hitting 100k. Runs perfectly. I'm sure rust will kill my car long before the engine has any troubles.

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2021, 02:52:05 PM »
First post so here we go!

I think that I could have a good contender here. While I in no way claim to have the highest milage Jazz, I do have one that is fairly high and has lived a hard life and is a testament to Honda's reliability and build quailty, especially after what mine has been through and how I treat it.

It's a 2003 Jazz with the 1.4 Litre petrol engine in it and it's covered 133k miles, 21k of which I have done in the last 15 months.

Before me it was owned by an older man and did around 9k miles per year, but when I got it it's usage cycle changed dramatically. I bought it as a first car for £900 on the 7th of Febuary 2020 and ever since it's been hammered. My girlfriend live a half hour duel carraigeway journey from me and I used to have that car pinned at top speed late at night and when running up and over Haldon Hill in Devon to see her I would regularly have extended periods of redline running to keep speed in 4th over the hill.

I crossed Dartmoor in the snow from Okehampton to Tavistock and then onto Ashburton for fun with her back in febuary of this year and was up the axles in snow and mud, I suffocated the engine with snow it was so intense and to top it all of I spun out 6 times near Widdon Down near Okehampton.

I used to try and keep up with my friends in faster cars so redlined it a lot, crashed shifted when the gears wouldn't syncronise properly, done more handbrake turns and rollback burn outs than I can remember and it's been used as wrecker to pull my friends RWD cars in the snow by getting all 8 of them to sit on the bonnet to put some weight on the front axle. The car has been abused and it's done a fantastic job so hats off to Honda there as most 17 year old 130k mile cars would have packed up long ago.

The build quality in terms of impact resistance is increadible for such a small car. I had a woman reverse into me and you wouldn't know. I also hit a stag at around 40mph and although the front of the car is twisted and the bonnet is wrecked, the car still works just fine. I have two holes in the bodywork where the stags antlers swung around and smacked the car just below the drivers side wing mirror. I am 6ft tall and I'm not joking when I say his head was just as tall as me plus his antlers where another 2ft or so on top of that. He wouldn't have been light but the Jazz handled it and still works just fine.

My ex-girlfriend's little sister wanted to put the fuel in once on the way to the Beach earlier in the year and I wasn't paying attention and she filled it up with diesel without me realising and I only noticed 2 miles up the road. My fault I know but she was only 8 at the time so I couldn't be angry as shes not to know the differance.

Just to give you an idea of how it is driven, I ruined a set of front tyres in 4500mi.

That car has been through the wars more than a tank in Iraq and it still lives. Like I said, testament to Honda It really is.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 02:55:54 PM by 150234 »

swhull

• Approved Member
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2021, 04:10:16 PM »
Sounds like you’ve been through it all in your Jazz, gives the plots of the fast & furious films a run for their money…

Hope it lives on for a while yet and you defeat more wild animals and destructive kids !

Tags: