Author Topic: Lowering Springs! Has anyone fitted them to their GD them selfs?  (Read 2965 times)

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Hi guys

I just wanted to know if anyone on here has a GD that they have fitted lowering springs to themselves?

I am thinking of buying a set of Eibach Pro Springs, but I don't really want to pay £100+ to have them fitted!

I had a set on my accord which I paid to be fitted, as the accord suspension set up was much more complex than the Jazz. But the Jazz has rear torsion beam suspension, so the spring is pretty easy to get off the rear, Its just the front which might be harder, from what I can see from pictures!

Also if I can lower it my self, I can also put the standard springs back on my self when it comes to sale :)!

Hopefully someone can give me some advice on this subject!

Cheers

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Lowering Springs! Has anyone fitted them to their GD them selfs?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:23:54 AM »
I can recommend Eibach they are good well made and fit fine - the last on \I did was on my Scirocco . Not tried on ajazz.
The key is saftey with any spring repalcement .
If you haven't done a spring change then find a good local independant garage who has done this type of work day in day out and negotiate a deal.
Like most car jobs the more you do the quick & better the job

guest869

Re: Lowering Springs! Has anyone fitted them to their GD them selfs?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »
I was also looking at putting some Eibachs on mine but was waiting until I found some decent dampers to go with them.

Fitting springs is easy.

At the rear all you should have to do is support the body on axle stands, undo the dampers and the beam should come down and the springs should drop out.

At the front you need spring compressors. These are basically 2 threaded rods with hooks. Again support the car on axle stands, compress the springs, undo the top strut mount in the engine bay and let the strut drop. The spring should then come off. You may need to remove a top spring seat from the strut, I am not sure how the strut actually is on a Jazz. But this will probably be a nut that needs undoing.

Beware that compressed springs contain a lot of energy and can seriously hurt if they come flying off.

Tags: