Author Topic: Genuine Honda Pads and Disc, or other aftermarket company?  (Read 3629 times)

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
Genuine Honda Pads and Disc, or other aftermarket company?
« on: April 09, 2011, 01:06:15 PM »
Hi Guys

My front pads are getting low (4k left according to garage), but the discs are also lipped, so I might as well replace the discs at the same time as replacing the pads!

But I was wondering if its worth paying the extra money for Honda Discs and pads (around £150) or should I get a non Honda manufacturer (found these on eBay for £75 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330211348249&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_523wt_907)

I plan on respraying my callipers back to silver in the summer, so it would be a perfect opportunity to replace the front discs and pads!

What do people think?

Cheers

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: Genuine Honda Pads and Disc, or other aftermarket company?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »
I`d go to a reputable shop which gives you a warranty for the disks and pads (just in case), (Lloyds, Eurocarparts, etc.). It shouldn`t cost more than a £100. I bought mine a few years ago and everything is still fine, no lips on the disks yet after 30k miles and still more in there (combined city and motorway use).

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »
Brake parts international http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ sell discs and pads for £71! Has anyone ever used them or know if they are any good?

guest1387

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »
Ive got brake parts front disks and there pads all round, never had any problems.
Current milage on the car is 153,000.
And i drive my Jazz 80 miles a day, never had them fade.

guest1844

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:32:55 PM »
I was in a national motor factor, who shall remain nameless in this instance, the other day. One of his biggest trade customers ... was ... the local Honda dealer. "Mainly the friction components" he admitted "but not filters". So when you take your Honda to the dealer, you're not necessarily getting Honda bits on it.

Since my Honda had new discs/pads, by the previous owner, at the aforementioned Honda dealer I reckon I know where the bits came from...and they're wearing fine.

Personally I myself use this motor factor for friction components on other cars and never had any issues.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 08:10:57 AM »
Ive got brake parts front disks and there pads all round, never had any problems.
Current milage on the car is 153,000.
And i drive my Jazz 80 miles a day, never had them fade.

Ah thats good to know!

I just remembered that I bought a set of their rear discs for my old civic, but I was upgrading the discs from 242mm to 262mm anyway, and the discs were meant for a MG :P!

They are pretty cheap, so they are a great alternative to expensive Honda parts!

Tags: