Author Topic: handbrake clicks  (Read 3331 times)

McJazz

• Registered Member
handbrake clicks
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »
I have been reading all the posts about how poor the handbrake is when the car is fitted with disc brakes and owning such a car I can only agree, but having been out to my car after reading the posts about how many clicks ect should hold the car I was surprised how barley audible the click of the handbrake was. I can hardly hear it at all.
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if it is a feature of Jazz handbrakes or if it is something I should check out?

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
Re: handbrake clicks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »
How many clicks should be heard before the handbrake is fully applied?

McJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »
I read 8 clicks, if it is more than this the handbrake needs adjusting. This info was from a forum not a dealer/garage.

Peter

• Approved Member
    • Peter's World
  • My Honda: MkII Jazz iVTEC 1.4 CVT
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:19:10 PM »
Cars with rear disc brakes are notorious for not holding well on the handbrake especially if parked on any sort of a slope. Forget the number of clicks needed to apply the handbrake - leave your car parked in gear or, if a CVT auto, leave in "park". This applies to all cars not just to the Jazz. The only reason people think this is a Jazz problem is because they usually only read Jazz forums.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »
When I pulled on the handbrake today I was aware that it felt different, it became firmly applied sooner than I had been used to.  It must have self adjusted as it is now fully applied at six clicks.  I cannot remember this happen before, I have done 28000 miles since new.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
Tip: with the handbrake released, press hard on the foot brake, then bring up the handbrake. You'll notice it biting much earlier.

Tags: