Author Topic: Noisy when cold and radio button backlight gone  (Read 2634 times)

guest1713

Noisy when cold and radio button backlight gone
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:31:06 PM »
Hi,

My Jazz has been quite noisy when started from cold for a couple of years, but recently seems to be getting louder.  It makes a kind of screeching/scraping noise until it has warmed up.  I've always assumed it is auxiliary belts or something and the car runs fine and is quiet when warm.

All fluids are fine and I've mentioned it on every service and the dealer has never flagged it as a problem.  It is a 2005 1.4 SE CVT.  Gearbox seems fine and the CvT fluids was changed over a year ago (and was the right stuff!)

Had anyone else had this? Should I be worried?

Also the backlight on my stereo buttons has gone.  The LCD is still illuminated.  Does anyone know if this bulb can be changed, and is this something I can do myself?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Tom.

guest1898

• Topic Starter
Re: Noisy when cold and radio button backlight gone
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:54:36 AM »
In manual versions that noise is the signs of a failing input bearing in the gearbox bearings only cost £10 as OEM standard replacements it's labour that'll cost you take it to an independant you trust job time should be no more than 5 hours.
Don't know about your display though

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
hi
try a full service for your jazz..
that will if not cure and diagnose the cars status

guest1900

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
hi i get the same noise when cold its not a problem just something you will have to put up with iv been to two main dealers and they both said some do it some dont.not sure about the back light i will have a look at mine and see if you can get to it easily

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:27:08 AM »
I have the same problem on my dash, 2 of the lights on the stereo/heater don't work.

The heater control bulbs seem easy enough to change (once you have the stereo out): http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SAA401&block_02=B__1703&block_03=20420

Its the ones for the actual stereo that look a pain! I think they are soldered in by the picture Fig.6
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SAA401&block_02=B__1614&block_03=20420

I will have a go at changing them when I have time!

Tags:

anything