Author Topic: Imported Honda Fit Vs UK Jazz  (Read 721 times)

Waue1978

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GD1 CVT
Imported Honda Fit Vs UK Jazz
« on: December 27, 2022, 11:50:28 PM »
We're giving serious consideration to buying an imported Honda Fit Hybrid & wondering if there are any issues that may make it worth spending the (£2k) extra on a UK Jazz Hybrid (& whether it's even worth going the hybrid route).

Are UK Honda dealers OK working on Fits? Do they try to fob you off, charge more or have issues with parts?

Is insurance a nightmare?

Are the imports more prone to corrosion underneath or on bodywork?

Can the stereo from a UK Jazz be used in place of the weird & wonderful Japanese spec units?

Are there spec differences to look out for (would like one with cruise control)?

Do imports run fine on all grades of UK fuel or do they need the premium stuff?

Do you need to change your driving style drastically to get the improved economy or are savings made without adapting?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Imported Honda Fit Vs UK Jazz
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 04:18:27 AM »
I think you've covered most likely pitfalls.

For the extra £2k I'd stick with a UK model and see if you can get a deal to reduce the £2k
Let's be careful out there !

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 08:39:30 AM »
Maybe another thing is important as well: in terms of history of the car an import might be somewhat more prone to dodgy actions, such as changing the milage or not reporting on damage caused by an accident.
Here in The Netherlands, we have a very good system to register milages over time, accidents etc. For most imports, there is no register or it is not possible to look into it as a foreign party. So beware that if you buy an import, something might pop up! The safest way is to see if you can buy an import with fully documented history and/or let a Honda dealer have a look at it to see if there are any inconsistencies.

That being said: the Jazz Hybrid is a very good car without any major flaws. Afaik mechanically it will be no different. The normal (non-hybrid) Honda Fit (for US and Canada) is a bit different: only as 1.5 with different emission regulations and somewhat different bodywork too.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 07:50:12 PM »
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance for a imported model then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Tags: