Author Topic: Passenger seat height - parts info  (Read 2432 times)

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Re: Passenger seat height - parts info
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 07:51:14 PM »
I'm not in the UK at the moment  but when I searched the aliexpress site which aphybrid quoted  as £52.82  the site came up in German , and the price was £25.58  :o        But even  £25.58 seems expensive to me for 4 bolts and collars. . 
I dont know the exact sizes of spacer and bolts  but a quick search on fleabay  I think I could could get  suitable aluminium 'stand off' spacer collars  ,(in a choice of heights )and suitable allen screws  for about £15 from uk suppliers.   possibly even in black anodized aluminium.   

But has anyone actually done this modification on a mk4 ?  . The adverts for the kit show an illustration  indicating  its only suitable when all 4 rail mountings are on a simple  flat floor.   I cant access my car at present  but IIRC the rear two  are not on an entirely  flat floor and may be quite complex.  It might be possible  but personally I wouldnt want to spend significant cash without being sure .   And sure it wouldnt invalidate my insurance.  (or even fail the MOT when the time comes, although thats unlikely unless it looks a complete dogs dinner)

The £25.58 is for two

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 08:17:01 PM »
The £25.58 is for two
For the left or right side of the seat?
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2022, 08:58:28 PM »

The £25.58 is for two
My bad.    I missed it in German, now showing in English.  I cant blame a price difference on Brexit this time.  :-[    I have the price for 4 as  £42.64 plus £5.80 shipping. There may have been a price reduction  but its still not exactly a bargain for what you get  .Better than paying £63.49 from Vicedeal I suppose or the RRP of £ 71.69

I have looked at the SRAutoshop site. Also a ripoff price IMHO.  But interestingly they say for some cars you only get two risers.(which may well be the  case if they  did one for the Jazz/Fit.    So it seems they are happy to provide a kit that rises the front 1.5 inches near your knees, but  leaving your bum  raised by not a lot.   If they were only for the back, you'd be tipping forward in your seat.   

For now the passenger will have to remain like this
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2022, 07:34:41 AM »
Thinking about it, paying money to "Vicedeal" might take some explaining to my wife  ,as to what kind of vice I am paying for.   ;D 

Had a quick look at my car in daylight.  Doesnt look like it would be as simple as the photos on the adverts imply. Removing plastic trim etc  ???
I cant see me ever doing the job.  But if I did even my dog could make the parts. She often makes a bolt for the door.   ;D 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 08:07:08 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

aphybrid

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2022, 11:49:39 AM »
PM to the original member who had this done and stated Insurence company approved part of his timely response is as follows;

"But I would add that they insisted that the parts were made by a professional person (car converters for the disabled make them) and that they were fitted by a professional person, mine were."

Cost and Insurence compay not divulged.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2022, 03:33:31 PM »
It a real pity that Honda don’t fit height adjustable passenger seats as standard. It can’t cost much as by making both left hand and right hand drive models they will have the “bits” from the drivers seat height adjuster. It just seems obtuse!!
Agree entirely. Unnecessary penny pinching when the demographic that typically buys a Honda Jazz would rate seat height and associated accessibility as important.
Why do you think they don’t include them? Surely it can’t be penny pinching, can it?

Tags:

anything