Author Topic: Missing post/complaint ?  (Read 916 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Missing post/complaint ?
« on: July 13, 2022, 09:01:31 AM »
I may have missed it early on but I'm surprised I haven't seen a post regarding no rear power socket.

I was going to buy a 12v coolbox but no point.

My 3 Civics all had one.
Let's be careful out there !

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Missing post/complaint ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 09:22:35 AM »
I have a 12v cool box and it is pathetic. I find it more effective to use efficient cooling blocks and good insulation under the lid. I was at a running festival two weekends back and this system in two ordinary coolboxes, one being the cheap one Tesco are selling, kept thing chilled from Friday through to Sunday despite frequent access to the contents and warm weather.

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 09:26:26 AM »
I'm using some Thermos fabric cool bags with freezer blocks when needed.

Coolbox impression useful, thanks.

I was looking forward to after I've moved and may need to use a car, or have freezer stuff delivered.

Currently I'm a 3 minute walk from a Tesco Extra
Let's be careful out there !

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 10:36:52 AM »
I have a 12v cool box and it is pathetic.

We bought one from Halfords and it’s brilliant. Needed it when “camping out” in a deceased relative’s house whilst clearing it out (the fridge had already gone). To get the best out of it you need to run it for a while before you load it up, and ensure food & drink are already chilled before you put them in. Worked really well over several days, kept things very cold. Also lent it to friends when their fridge died on them, they were very complimentary and I think have bought their own now. Have also used it in the car (Mk3 Jazz); it sits behind the driver’s seat and the cable reaches the front power socket (don’t think it'll reach from the boot without an extension). Obviously only works when that socket’s powered on, but it’s well insulated to cope with stops en route.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 12:15:55 PM »
A socket could be useful for a rear dashcam too. The promo videos claim the front cupholders can keep stuff cool or hot just by the vents, not my idea of that great a feature but each to his own.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 11:03:31 PM »
I really appreciate those cupholders. My bottle of water, cola or whatever other liquid stays cool in summer and my coffee stays warm in winter.
Moreover, it is also very handy for all kinds of other junk that I want to have within reach.
If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 05:49:44 AM »
The only issue I’ve noticed with the vent cup holder is you need a big bottle- 500ml is too small and moves about.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 09:50:44 AM »
I only use 500 ml bottles and they stand, despite (possible) movements.
No accidents and stains (so far).
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags: