Author Topic: Driving style questions.  (Read 1754 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Driving style questions.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2022, 10:01:26 AM »
There are two schools of thought about brake lights. Some people genuinely find the glare intrusive. It's never bothered me, certainly not as much as some headlights which are increasingly bright these days.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2022, 10:45:53 AM »
I don't mind bright headlights!
The brighter the better, provided they are properly adjusted and dim on time!
If nothing goes right, go left!

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2022, 01:41:12 PM »
I had reason to ride my motorbike at night on roads I didn't know last week. I rarely ride at night.
2 things were painfully obvious.

With a half decent headlight the glare from reflective road signs is way too bright, it is often difficult to see what is beyond them particularly on modest sized A roads where the signs can be quite large and close to the road. Some years ago there was a process of painting some with brown gunge to reduce the glare, so it is obviously a recognised issue.

Second was that modern trucks are festooned with stupidly ridiculous amounts of intense red lights and reflective tape all over the back. Absolutely stupid and bonkers. They are huge big things and are easy to see, no need to make them into Blackpool illuminations. I don't know how much is regulation and how much is just silly fashion. I counted 16 separate lights on the back of one artic, plus the red tape outlining the shape.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2022, 01:47:28 PM »
Another thing I've noticed is that LED traffic signs and motorway trucks don't appear to have a brightness adjustment.

In the sun/day, it's fine but at night they are still using full brightness which is far too bright for night use

Tags:

anything