Author Topic: Wipers: What is Mist setting and how is it possible to see what the setting is?  (Read 1269 times)

PWV

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: New Jazz Hybrid
What is the wipers Mist setting and how is it possible to know what setting the wipers stalk is in?  Is it OFF or auto.
In my car if I move the stalk up one towards mist all I get is a single wipe.

sportse

• Approved Member
Standard is off, up one wipes the screen once (or more if you hold it up) Not clear from the stalk what you are set to (unlike the headlights which are clearly shown on the stalk.)

Down one is for the rain sensitive wipers - but they don't really work on my car unless the rain is a specific type of not too heavy or light rain!

I usually end up with them full on or manually using the up to get one wipe.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Don't forget the rotating wheel to adjust the auto sensitivity.

Mine works fine once the wheel is set to mid way then one click more sensitive. Clears the screen just when I would have done it manually, day or night.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
I have mine set to maximum sensitivity, but unfortunately the wipers don’t move often enough:(

I’m always having to override it - another thing I never had to do on my last car.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Your Mk4 seems to have a mind of its own what with the headunit and now auto wipers.

As you posted ages ago, it's a rare colour combo with white paint and light interior.

Wonder what it's history is.
Let's be careful out there !

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
I have mine set to maximum and it doesn't clear with certain types of rain, perhaps I'll try reducing the sensitivity a notch to see if that's better or worse

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
I have mine set to maximum sensitivity, but unfortunately the wipers don’t move often enough:(

I’m always having to override it - another thing I never had to do on my last car.

Same for me
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

sportse

• Approved Member
Your Mk4 seems to have a mind of its own what with the headunit and now auto wipers.

As you posted ages ago, it's a rare colour combo with white paint and light interior.

Wonder what it's history is.

I'm not sure how it came to be, I know there are a handful floating around the dealer network - maybe Honda imported a few to see if they would be popular. Perhaps they were special orders/builds and didn't go through all the normal quality controls?

From reading the comments on the dealer website, mine might have been a wrong order that was rejected before being driven...

Someone said that they ordered a white exterior and black interior, went to collect the car and found out it wasn't what they ordered! Maybe the sales people hoped they wouldn't notice? They rejected it without even sitting in it.

Luckily for me, it was the other way round - I'd asked about white and white but was told it wasn't available... it was a pleasant surprise for me when I went to collect the car as it was what I had originally wanted.

Although, seeing as how what used to be one of the biggest Honda dealers in the UK is now part MG, who knows?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 10:09:34 AM by sportse »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
I suspect it is a car that arrived in the UK before the importer's decision on exterior and interior color combinations.
Here in Poland, for example, the Platinum White Pearl comes with the light interior as standard. By the way, we have three options for a white exterior, see the Polish configurator.
https://www.honda.pl/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/configurator.html#configurator/hub
If nothing goes right, go left!

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
Mist setting - is not really a setting as such, but when windscreen has that early morning condensation or a very light rain on it this is cleared by pushing up the wiper lever and letting go, one wipe to clear the mist then occurs surely?

Tags:

anything