Author Topic: Sudden need to replace 09 EX 1.4 130k miles:-(  (Read 819 times)

steveha

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Jazz ES
Sudden need to replace 09 EX 1.4 130k miles:-(
« on: June 26, 2022, 11:58:10 AM »
My car looks very likely to have been written off in a prang yesterday :-(
I was reasonability happy with it and am seriously considering replacing it with something similar but younger/less miles.
A quick look on Autocar to put a value on the wreck just doesn't seem to go back that far.
Where does one go to buy an older Jazz these days?

(Related: I believe I can show that the other driver was 100% to blame. Can I get my insurance company to chase for excess/uninsured losses/preserve no-claims? Or do I have to start pursue the other driver?)

Thanks!

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
Re: Sudden need to replace 09 EX 1.4 130k miles:-(
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 01:37:02 PM »
Not sure if you're asking where you can buy another older Jazz or where you can get a value for your car.

If the former, have a look on Gumtree, Shpock, Autotrader, Motors, eBay, Piston Heads etc. But I would always recommend getting a vehicle inspection by an independent expert especially if it is a private sale.

Normally insurance companies will get a technician (internal or independent) to value the car and they would normally look at Parkers, Autotrader, Glasses and other used car websites. This is usually very slightly negotiable if you have good reason - so worth thinking about what makes your car more valuable that other examples. Options and modifications don't normally help.

In my experience if the other party was to blame, my insurance company will request the excess back from the other party automatically. But you may want to check with your insurance company.

steveha

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Jazz ES
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 03:26:03 PM »
Thanks
Both really :-)
Parkers suggests 1725 value. Don't think I can argue it upwards :-(
Autotrader has a few possible at £4-6k
Thanks again

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 07:40:25 AM »
Once you have the funds available from your insurance, there are many Jazz out there. Some used have a history damaged repairs flooded etc. Always check the new Jazz history either Experian or HPI check then look on government MOT history site. It's all about condition on 7-10 yr old vehicles. Drive it over familiar roads on a variety of conditions . If it passed your must have it and your happy with the checks get it. Good luck finding your replacement Jazz.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 08:20:17 AM »
Use Autotrader and find some EX around where you live. Because the insurance company will give you a crap price...you need to counter offer the price by providing some adverts from Autotrader for example. So screen shot some ads similar to your Jazz now! Also go on to webuyanycar.com and get an idea of the value of your car too. Best wishes. Hope you can find a replacement too.

Tags: