Author Topic: Jazz awards  (Read 3730 times)

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Jazz awards
« on: June 13, 2022, 04:51:24 PM »
Jazz wins a hattrick of awards.

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Jazz awards
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 05:36:52 PM »
Sadly mine has been somewhat unreliable with the infotainment system - off the road/at the dealers for getting on for a couple of weeks in total and requiring a £2,300 new infotainment unit to be fitted :(

Not too good for a brand new car.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 05:30:19 AM »
Probably not, but my first thought when you said the control unit was behind the display was, I wonder if left in direct sun on a hot day could that overheat it.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 07:27:11 AM »
I think it's inside the dash behind the screen, so not in direct sunshine.

Issues also happened on mine in cold weather too. The most recent failure before replacement was on the second start of the day, no matter the weather or how long the first trip of the day had been or how long the car had been left before the second trip.

There do appear to be issues with some cameras failing/crashing due to heat and Honda seems to be trying out software fixes when it looks to actually be hardware.

Other manufacturers have had windscreen mounted cameras in their cars for the safety systems for many years, so I'm not sure why Honda's are failing. Maybe they chose a cheap supplier?

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 08:27:16 AM »
I think it's inside the dash behind the screen, so not in direct sunshine.

Issues also happened on mine in cold weather too. The most recent failure before replacement was on the second start of the day, no matter the weather or how long the first trip of the day had been or how long the car had been left before the second trip.

There do appear to be issues with some cameras failing/crashing due to heat and Honda seems to be trying out software fixes when it looks to actually be hardware.

Other manufacturers have had windscreen mounted cameras in their cars for the safety systems for many years, so I'm not sure why Honda's are failing. Maybe they chose a cheap supplier?
I think you've just been unlucky, most on here have either had very minor issues or none at all.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 09:30:34 AM »
There are a few reports here, on Facebook and also with car magazines long term cars where we are all having issues with the safety cameras and infotainment sadly :(

guest11225

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 02:46:39 PM »
Sadly mine has been somewhat unreliable with the infotainment system - off the road/at the dealers for getting on for a couple of weeks in total and requiring a £2,300 new infotainment unit to be fitted :(

Not too good for a brand new car.

it wasn't covered by warranty?

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2022, 02:54:34 PM »
Yes, covered by warranty this time but when the warranty is up you are stuck paying £2,300.

Probably 15-20% of the cars value when 3 years old.

Most of the cost was parts, labour was under £100 to change the unit.

However, it's the biggest repair cost of any car I've owned - which includes 10-12 year old cars with over 100k miles.

I'm most unimpressed that it failed - the Jazz was my first brand new car, and specifically bought so I wouldn't have any issues at all. All I wanted was to visit the dealer every 12.5k miles to have a service, and not see a garage anytime else.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 02:57:44 PM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 02:56:28 PM »
Remind me to p/x when my 5 years is up  :)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 02:59:32 PM »
Remind me to p/x when my 5 years is up  :)

I have heard this week about Toyota hybrids in the US having issues with their main power cables... covered by the main 3? year warranty but when the main warranty is up the charge is £5k! Even though they are supposed to have a 8? year hybrid warranty.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 04:37:30 PM »
That minute doesn't bother me as I'm in the garage doing my pre-flight checks :

Seat belt
Mount Garmin, set route to get live traffic
Mount dashcam
Turn off RDMS

By the time I'm done it's all up and running with Android Auto in satellite view, and so far, never failed. I don't turn my audio on till I'm out of the street, unlike one of my neighbours who wakes up the whole town.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 06:19:55 PM »
That minute doesn't bother me as I'm in the garage doing my pre-flight checks :

Seat belt
Mount Garmin, set route to get live traffic
Mount dashcam
Turn off RDMS

By the time I'm done it's all up and running with Android Auto in satellite view, and so far, never failed. I don't turn my audio on till I'm out of the street, unlike one of my neighbours who wakes up the whole town.

... You remove your dashcam?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 05:36:49 AM »
Yes.

My car is garaged, so I don't need parking mode, and I bring it in and offload the footage to the PC after each trip,  just in case I need to refer to something for another site.

My dashcam simply lifts off its mount, single hand, without altering any lens angles for when it's remounted.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 06:57:54 AM »
...I'd just remove the SD card in that case.

Does yours record any 'rattle' from the unit itself?
Mine still makes a noise that I can't seem to alleviate. If you shake it, nothing. The mount is solid. I've checked inside and nothing is loose and I've cushioned between the cam and the fixing plate. There is also clear tape over the buttons as suggested.

Remove the dashcam and the noise disappears.

It's frustrating.

I've had a new Infotainment screen also. It was just the front panel not the actual unit. This stopped the other rattle which I had from the beginning.
I'm not sure that counts as a failure :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:37:57 AM by shufty »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »
It's easier to remove the V3, just slides off, then bring it in and use it as a card reader. That avoids the card shooting out, as many have, and worst case dropping down the screen vents, again as many have

There are 3 main reasons for the rattle:

1) You need the EVA foam that they no longer put in the box (buy from Viofo)

2) The lead, as it goes into the headlining (put a pad on the windscreen to push the cable harder against the headlining

3) On some mounts the USB socket is loose. I've covered all bases and put a pad there as well to stop sideways movement

No rattles here

Tags:

anything