Author Topic: Jazz awards  (Read 3776 times)

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Jazz awards
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2022, 01:24:03 PM »
Sadly mine has been somewhat unreliable with the infotainment system - off the road/at the dealers for getting on for a couple of weeks in total and requiring a £2,300 new infotainment unit to be fitted :(

Not too good for a brand new car.
In 2025, Honda will launch a new electric model in partnership with technology giant Sony. In the run-up to that launch, it's likely that Sony's influence will be felt in a new generation of infotainment systems. This is an area where Honda has struggled in recent years, with its current crop of infotainment systems offering sluggish responses and dated graphics.

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2022, 09:42:22 PM »
Unfortunately Sony is not very up to date when it comes to consumer electronics.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2022, 04:38:17 AM »
That's true.

I've been buying Sony TV's for decades but they have gone right off the boil. One of the most useful features for me is the ability to scan through the EPG and set timers for each program start so it auto changes.
Sony dropped this some years ago so I switched to Samsung that still provide that feature.

Also, the Sony EPG doesn't show program details unless you press another button during scrolling.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2022, 08:13:13 AM »
My main TV is a Sony  and I am not especially impressed.Soon after the warranty ran out the screen developed  slight shading bands .  I probably wont get it repaired as technology has moved on.    Actually the one I repaired, which was made in Turkey still  has a better picture, and would cost half the price new. (OK  I had to repair it ,but it was already older than the sony is now )  . Mine is branded "Bush",I believe Argos now own the brand name  :P    But some much better known and well respected names also appear on basically the same TV made in the same factory.  I'd better not quote names in case I get it wrong.  But if you think of the very best Japanese and German names  from say the 1980's, many will be on the list. (Not Sony, but some former direct competitors  in the high end market) 

I think Sony collaboration with Honda is more likely to  concentrate on  EV drive and Battery technology.  They hope for a breakthrough, and will patent it to the hilt.  An advantage for new buyers under warranty ,  but long term  owners will be limited to an expensive honda/Sony monopoly  for spares. 

Sony are not big in the in car entertainment market.   They make a few car radios,  but their site only lists one 10" and two 9 " touch screen infotainment devices.(and some 6" ones)    I am not sure they would want the investment  of developing a system just for Honda or necessarily have the expertise.  They may not make the necessary touch screens etc themselves   Other makers are already  producing millions of them.  They may not even try to compete.  Even for their new chums Honda. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2022, 08:33:44 AM »
Some 30 years ago Sony TVs were made in Japan and were absolutely faultless. They then moved some of production to Wales. Quality went rapidly downhill. Since then they have production all over the place and quality again has dropped.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2022, 01:02:02 PM »
Well, I have had several Sony TVs, all good. The current one has an excellent picture but the Android operating system is a pain and software updates seem to plug pay to view channels.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2022, 03:26:13 PM »
Like Saycol, my first colour television was a Sony 12” (no not a misprint) which came in a wooden cabinet, had it for years until  we upgraded, always with Sony
Our latest one a 43” Sony is excellent and does all that we need.
I think the company would make very good partners with Honda.
Having said that, my current Mk4 EX, now 14 months old and 10k miles has been faultless, so far!

jamjar

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2022, 09:35:12 PM »
Like Saycol, my first colour television was a Sony 12” (no not a misprint) which came in a wooden cabinet, had it for years until  we upgraded, always with Sony
Our latest one a 43” Sony is excellent and does all that we need.
I think the company would make very good partners with Honda.
Having said that, my current Mk4 EX, now 14 months old and 10k miles has been faultless, so far!
I am very happy with my Sony, reliability & excellent picture. My Crosstar is now 13 months old on 6k miles. Faultless to date & a joy to drive.

Tags: