Author Topic: Perfect 1st Service  (Read 1969 times)

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
Perfect 1st Service
« on: June 12, 2022, 10:37:19 PM »
Just wanted to name-check Yeoman's Eastbourne who did a fantastic job all round on my Crosstar first service after 1 year and 9000 miles. In case anyone is interested -  Oil was changed. 

My expectations were lower, as I had visited to test drive a HRV recently, and whilst that all went well, the service dept was extremely busy with people waiting in, let's say, less than luxurious conditions.  So i went prepared, with my Brompton in the boot, to take a little ride into town and get a nice breakfast and read the paper whilst the service was being carried out. 

I need not have been concerned.  As chance would have it, there were no other customers at all when I arrived at 8;20 and checked the car in.  I was dealt with promptly and courteously, and off I went for my bike ride.  Back at 10;45 and the car was ready, sparkling clean inside and out, and ready to go.  After only a short wait, paperwork was exchanged, and I was away with a clean bill of health for the car. 

Expectations well and truly exceeded. 

;D ;D

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
Re: Perfect 1st Service
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 11:09:31 PM »
Does oil filter get changed?I
Do you know if they use the Honda 020 2 oil, or an equal grade like mobil?
Is the service record paper based if just computerised.

I ask as I am getting oil + filter changed early at 6k privately, and dealer provided the Honda branded oil and filter . At £72. Am in the 5 yr service scheme but want to be certain oil and filter get changed

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 05:14:13 AM »
In my previous experience of Honda free servicing, because Honda are paying I just got handed the keys and told, "All done".
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 07:14:56 AM »
My 'second' first service paperwork (shortly after the first as the oil wasn't changed originally) just says A service and doesn't actually say what oil they used.

I checked the dipstick and it was clean, so assume they used the correct spec oil 0W20.

(I had a Yaris hybrid in the past and one main dealer I used was filling them up with the wrong oil, 5W30 I think! You knew something was wrong as there was a shudder when the petrol engine started up. I had it changed to the correct oil and the engine start up was back to being almost unnoticeable.)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 07:49:45 AM »
Does oil filter get changed?I
Do you know if they use the Honda 020 2 oil, or an equal grade like mobil?
Is the service record paper based if just computerised.

I ask as I am getting oil + filter changed early at 6k privately, and dealer provided the Honda branded oil and filter . At £72. Am in the 5 yr service scheme but want to be certain oil and filter get changed
I'd be surprised if they changed the oil but not the filter, but its possible. They might decide based on the condition of the old oil that came out whether the filter is any where near needing replacement.   

Honda are not an oil company.  Like most, if not all, car makers they do deals with various oil companies to supply  that companies oil  with Hondas own label.  It might  be specially formulated for honda, but more likely its the same stuff,of the correct specification , the oil company sells under their own brand.  And may differ slightly depending on which region of the world  the oil is refined and blended. Its unlikely Honda would ship oil from Japan to Europe.

Comma oil in Gravesend were owned by Mobil ,are currently  owned by Mobils   Brazilian partner ,  and have, in the past packaged oil under the Comma, Mobil and Toyota brand name. I dont know if it was all the same stuff .   Its total (excuse pun) speculation on my part  but its not impossible they supply and package for honda.  If its not them and its not Mobil, its going to be one of the others.   

Main dealerships may be privy to the Trade secrets  and simply cut out the middle man by buying exactly the same oil, 0W20 of the correct specification,  under its original, or another, branding.  Some appear to sell 1 and 5 litre containers packaged by one of the smaller independent oil blenders such as Millers oils and Morris oil.     Its quite likely both companies also sell the oil in workshop size  oil drums  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 08:06:19 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Hicardo

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 09:06:24 AM »
Wow...there seems to be a lot of bad experiences here....

I have the paper service sheet filled out by the technician and oil and filter boxes are ticked, and confirmed beforehand that they use 0/20 Honda supplied oil. 

then a computerised sheet summarises the work as follows
- first service carried out per service plan agreement
- checked for product safety recalls - all ok
- carry out sanitation on vehicle using safe zone - charged at 12;50 plus vat
- wash and vac excluding boot

Im satisfied that they did a great job.   :)

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 09:27:57 AM »
In the 700-odd page handbook, it states that the oil is an annual change but the oil filter is changed bi-annually.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 09:38:22 AM »
In the service handbook for my car it says 'replace engine oil and oil filter' under the A service.

My A service was my last variable one, I'm now on fixed servicing so hopefully I will get an oil filter with the oil change next time.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 12:20:43 PM »

I have the paper service sheet filled out by the technician and oil and filter boxes are ticked, and confirmed beforehand that they use 0/20 Honda supplied oil. 

May I ask, as you appear to have the 5 year service plan, did they already have it noted on the computer system or did you have to present documentation? Reason I ask is I have my first experience of Honda service next week.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 01:11:29 PM »
If it's any help.

As I didn't receive any 5 year warranty paperwork I queried with the dealer. They checked and assured me it was all in the system. Then the paperwork arrived the following week from Honda, close to 4 months after collection.
Let's be careful out there !

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 01:42:56 PM »
If it's any help.

As I didn't receive any 5 year warranty paperwork I queried with the dealer. They checked and assured me it was all in the system. Then the paperwork arrived the following week from Honda, close to 4 months after collection.

That seems to be normal.  I purchased my Crosstar in January and received the warranty documentation at the end of May,

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 02:18:39 PM »
Same here took 3 or 4 months to receive my paperwork. Apparently Honda only send them out every quarter

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2022, 02:28:17 PM »
Same here took 3 or 4 months to receive my paperwork. Apparently Honda only send them out every quarter

They could be opening themselves up to claims - how can someone cancel within the usual 14 day cooling off period, when you don't receive the paperwork for several months?

My own paperwork took a few months to arrive as well.

I've checked online and my digital service record only shows the first B service, not the A service that was done a few weeks afterwards to change the oil.

I do have 2 stamps in the paper book though for the two services.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 02:31:29 PM by sportse »

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2022, 02:55:39 PM »

And the dealership was?

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2022, 10:19:39 PM »
I had seen the biennial oil filter change and was uncertain if they would change the oil at £15 ltr, but leave in a £5 filter.
I would also like to try to keep oil changes at 6k, as engine has to have a hard time cutting in& out and being kept under load, and I am looking to hold into it for 10 yrs.

Tags: