Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2005 (05 plate) - Locked out  (Read 650 times)

Mysta

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2005
Honda Jazz 2005 (05 plate) - Locked out
« on: June 05, 2022, 09:10:52 PM »
Hi all

Have had a read on several post in the forum and suspect we have a faulty driver lock barrel on the car.
Issue is we are locked out and cannot get into it.
Manual key - no remote key fobs.
Have 2 keys and whilst one has not been working for the last few months, the other has been fine (with intermittent issues) until now.
So only one lock (no passenger, rear passenger doors or tailgate lock) there is only 1 physical lock on the drivers side - the culprit.

Have checked all handles are pushed in including tailgate - cant really see anything else I can tinker with manually.

Applied some wd40 on the key and in the lock mechanism just in case something ceased in there.

To be honest I just need to get into the car and likely to be happy driving and leave it unlocked - it stays in the drive and is a second car for the school run and shops. Often don't lock it due to the recent locking temperament, I think luck and time has finally run out on us!

Don't really want to smash the glass just yet but there are items in there we need to retrieve and would still like to use the car.

Before I call the local auto locksmith - any suggestions please.

Many thanks

M

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Honda Jazz 2005 (05 plate) - Locked out
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 10:34:16 PM »
Rather than smashing a window, I would try a large screwdriver into the lock and see if I could force it.
Are you a member of the AA or RAC? These keys are a dab hand at getting into cars without a key. Even a mechanic from your local garage could probably do it. My son-in-law was always having to open cars where the keys had been locked inside.

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Honda Jazz 2005 (05 plate) - Locked out
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 04:50:22 PM »
wrapping tape... the thin plastic bands you get on parcels.. cut a length off. fold it in half.. slide it between the door and the pillar so it penetrates the weather seal.. monouver it over the door lock knob that sticks up.. then push one side of the tape so it opens. slide down over the knob . tighten and lift up .. try that ?

Tags:

anything