Author Topic: ECU and fuel injectors  (Read 653 times)

lukebutler73

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: mark 2
ECU and fuel injectors
« on: June 04, 2022, 01:07:40 AM »
Hi all,
Few weeks ago something similar happened to my mark 2 as on this forum. Check engine light, p0202 and so on and so forth. I’ve had the ECU repaired and engine is firing fine. All fuel injectors reading 10.3ohms and circuit has continuity. I’m reading a lot that you’ve got to replace the injectors since they’re the culprit. Would I have to change all 4 or just the one in cylinder 2 with the apparent fault and hope the others go as long as possible? If so, I suppose it’s hard to find new ones therefore used ones would have to do. Wouldn’t they have the same problem though being used and on the way to the solenoid breaking down? Additionally, does anybody know how much a mechanic would charge for this service and the parts cost? Thanks

Shantijoe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz ES 2012
Re: ECU and fuel injectors
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 01:32:07 PM »
Hi Luke

If your ecu has been rebuilt and the injectors are reading a healthy output it doesn't sound like they need replacing...

You may have been sent a note, with your rebuilt ecu, warning about external faults causing the problem but at www.ecutesting I was told this is standard.

I have a very low reading on injector 1 which does need replacing,

good luck driving, joe

lukebutler73

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: mark 2
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 02:22:43 PM »
But the fault would have been caused by something no? After reading around it seems as if the faulty fuel injector is the issue with this model. Although there's no current problem with the resistance this doesnt mean there wont be at operating temp etc.? I'm going to phone honda garage tomorrow to see what they can do in terms of replacing the injector but I'd imagine they'll all fail at the same point so replacing one is not as effective as all 4?

Shantijoe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz ES 2012
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 05:15:55 PM »
Hi

Honda quoted about £250.00 each but only suggested replacing one but if money is no object then all 4 should do the job...

joe

Tags:

anything