Author Topic: new jazz honda assistance  (Read 857 times)

tfw7

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 72 Jazz SR
new jazz honda assistance
« on: August 23, 2022, 11:41:27 AM »
Hi all, newbie here.
My first Jazz is on order, should be coming in the next 4-6 weeks or so.
I've just been browsing all the info etc online and came across this (in the section about breakdown assistance https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/breakdown-assistance.html) which confused me, and was hoping people here in the know could clarify:

Please be aware that Honda Accident Assistance is currently unavailable. Therefore the current scope of services offered by Honda may differ from those displayed on the Honda website or communicated to you previously.

So what is accident assistance, and how does that differ from the rest of what that page refers to about breakdown assistance?

Thanks in advance

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
Re: new jazz honda assistance
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 03:21:35 PM »
I thought you had AA for the three years of the guarantee. No idea what that disclaimer is, a dealer should be able to give details surely?

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 08:21:45 AM »
I think Accident Assistance is only relevant to accidents rather than breakdowns. If you have an accident they will take the car away and agree to do the repairs through your insurance, it's a way of getting work for car repair firms it's probably better to do everything through your insurance anyway.

The breakdown assistance will help if you get a puncture, have a mechanical fault etc.. I'm not confident exactly how this works as they've changed it for the Mk 4 Jazz and their web site is as clear as mud about it, I started a thread recently asking if anyone had used the service but got no response so the supplied phone number hasn't been put to the test as far as I'm aware.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 08:31:02 AM »
I don't understand the Mk4 breakdown numbers either.

My guess is that because we have HV batteries they want trained mechanics or vehicles attanding but surely the AA can sort that from one 0800 number.
Let's be careful out there !

tfw7

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 72 Jazz SR
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 12:28:53 PM »
Thank you for the replies - Bristol_Crosstar that makes sense, thankyou. Glad breakdown cover is included for 3 years.

I still need to get my head around the MyHonda+ app and how that works/what it does etc.

I'm upgrading from an 11yo Hyundai i20 where the most techy thing was folding mirrors, so a lot of what the Jazz (and other modern cars) have in terms of screens/info/techy stuff will be new to me.
As well as being new to auto/hybrid!!

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 01:22:58 PM »
Thank you for the replies - Bristol_Crosstar that makes sense, thankyou. Glad breakdown cover is included for 3 years.

I still need to get my head around the MyHonda+ app and how that works/what it does etc.

I'm upgrading from an 11yo Hyundai i20 where the most techy thing was folding mirrors, so a lot of what the Jazz (and other modern cars) have in terms of screens/info/techy stuff will be new to me.
As well as being new to auto/hybrid!!
I don't believe many people use the MyHonda+ app, it seems to be more trouble than it's worth so I wouldn't worry about that, it's optional

Tags: