Author Topic: Dimensions - Boot  (Read 4807 times)

Mouse

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crossstar
Dimensions - Boot
« on: February 05, 2022, 04:47:39 PM »
I am yet to pick up my Jazz CrossStar, could anybody tell me the length between the passenger seat back with rear seats folded flat, and the entrance to the boot? I would be most grateful !

Also does the passenger seat fold flat forwards?

Many Thanks !

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Dimensions - Boot
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 06:54:17 AM »
Checked my Crosstar.

Back Seats Up
It's 65 cm from seat back to the edge of the boot lock shroud (which is the longest point).

However, as you'll see from the attached photo, this shortens to 59cm on each side of the shroud, as it curves inwards.

Then, factoring in both the seat and tailgate incline, the measurement of 59cm goes significantly down if measured from the top of the rear bench (to approx. 39cm-45cm).

Back Seats Down
150cm from the boot lock shroud to the back of the driver's / passenger's seat (in normal driving position - aligned with the back of the centre console where the USB ports are).

As these have fabric backs, there's a bit of give, so you can get an extra 4-5cm on top of that. Or more if you move the passenger seat forward.

I couldn't check the front seat yet as it's parked up next to a wall currently. But I think it's a no (from what I can remember).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:24:25 AM by Jayt43 »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 07:21:39 AM »
I'm away from my car at present, and its a jazz EX not a crosstar. But I think the  front seat will be similar.

The passenger seat folds forward  and is fairly flat but I dont think it goes fully flat.  But enough to carry the occasional long item. 

IIRC it couldnt easily be used as an extended sleeping platform for instance, unless lots of padding and inflatable mattresses etc  were use to raise the height of the boot floor.     

But dont dismiss it without checking a crosstar in a showroom.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Mouse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crossstar
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 09:54:25 AM »
Many thanks ! I think it will be fine for a fishing rod bag !

1speed

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk2
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 02:09:14 PM »
Hi all, resurrecting this old but useful thread.

Could anybody be so kind to measure max height with rear seats folded, both from the higher and the lower slope point?

Cheers

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 03:09:03 PM »
Approximate heights.  From behind the front seats - 33".  At the lowest point inside the tailgate - 31".

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 03:19:54 PM »
I'm away from my car at present, and its a jazz EX not a crosstar. But I think the  front seat will be similar.

The passenger seat folds forward  and is fairly flat but I dont think it goes fully flat.  But enough to carry the occasional long item. 

IIRC it couldnt easily be used as an extended sleeping platform for instance, unless lots of padding and inflatable mattresses etc  were use to raise the height of the boot floor.     

But dont dismiss it without checking a crosstar in a showroom.

We have slept in ours (EX Style). Driver/passenger seats forward and flattened, boot floor packed with two bolster pillows. We went to the Lakes, and it was raining for two days, so the tent never got set up. We had tried it prior to our journey, knowing how inclement the Lakes can be. It was on a par with a tent (lumps and bumps) but drier and warmer. We slept ok.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 10:19:12 PM »
Approximate heights.  From behind the front seats - 33".
Is that in magic seat mode? I would have expected more.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

1speed

• Registered Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 08:52:56 AM »

If by magic seat mode you mean "cinema seat mode" it is not, it's with the seats folded down, which makes sense given the MK2 Jazz is 39" (no batteries etc.)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 09:58:01 AM »
In 'cinema seat mode ' ,ie  the seat back raised and the 'magic seat' base raised, the height from floor to roof is about 48"  (1220 mm) Useful for carrying tall pot plants etc.         With the seat back down as in the photo I make the height  as about 35"  (890 mm )  Thats measured immediately behind the front seats. Maybe its a bit more  in the boot area.  Measured on a 2021 EX   
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 10:04:27 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

1speed

• Registered Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 06:57:47 PM »
Thats measured immediately behind the front seats. Maybe its a bit more  in the boot area.  Measured on a 2021 EX

The boot floor is lower then the area immediately behind the front seats (with back seats lowered), but the roof is sloped, more so than the cargo floor at least judging from the pictures, so I think the highest point in the boot area is going to be less then the highest point immediately behind the front seats, as reported by Beaver.

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 07:04:32 PM »

My measurements were taken with the seats folded forward and flat.

Tags: