Author Topic: Forced color choice combination for inside seat trim and outside colours  (Read 1599 times)

Alboy2022

• Registered Member
I have just been to order a new Jazz Ex and i was very disappointed with the lack of choice on the colours available and not having the option to choose the inside seating colours etc , there was very limited choice of outside colours ie no silver or metallic Browns and the fact that you had no choice of inside trim, of the limited colours available i chose the Grey but then found it only came with a light trim inside not the Black trim i wanted for that i was forced into choosing the Red car which i did not want to get the inside i did want, why cant Honda allow you to choose the inside trim that you want it seems if you choose a light colour for the outside you get a dark trim but if you choose a dark colour for the outside ( my preference ) you only get a light interior trim which i did not want, considering Honda are supposed to listen to their customers they seem to be deaf on this one the dealer told me several people have commented on the lack of choice !!!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 07:27:47 AM by Alboy2022 »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
I agree.

I was forced red as well, same reason.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
There are some custom combinations available that don’t show on the configuration screen.

I have a pearl metallic white exterior with the grey leather interior, I’ve also seen another one the same for sale secondhand.

Perhaps Honda brought a few across to test out the market?

If you want a different exterior colour to the ones available it’s quite easy to have the car wrapped now as many places do it.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
I think one reason for the limited colour range is Honda’s different manufacturing strategy for the European market compared to those companies who actually manufacture in Europe. If you order say a VW Golf you sit down with salesman and he will actively encourage you to add expensive extras such as bigger alloy wheels, upgraded stereo and with your colour and trim choice this is loaded into the computer and in Germany at some point your car with that specification gets built.

With Honda U.K. you have to choose from a very limited range of “finished articles “. In fact when you choose your red Jazz it is probably already on a boat half way between Japan and here. I expect Honda U.K. sales have to forecast to Japan roughly what they expect to sell, and unless they want massive stock sitting awaiting customer orders by the very nature of the process they have to keep colours and specifications to a minimum. Not quite “you can have any colour you want, so long as it is black”, but configure to order it certainly isn’t.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Even when the Jazz and Civic were made here Honda were never very flexible with spec and options.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Your Platinum White Pearl has the gray (light) interior as standard. The Premium Sunlight White Pearl has the black (dark) interior as standard.

Check our Polish configuration screen: https://www.honda.pl/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/configurator.html#configurator/modal/colorpicker : We have a choice of three different white exterior colours. Two of them, Taffeta White and Premium Sunlight White Pearl come with the dark interior, Platinum White Pearl has the light interior.

Instead of 3 different colors of white I also would have preferred the choice of one white and for example, instead of the other two whites, something like this:

and (old, but the nicest colour ever on a Jazz):

If nothing goes right, go left!

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
Your Platinum White Pearl has the gray (light) interior as standard. The Premium Sunlight White Pearl has the black (dark) interior as standard.

Except my Platinum White Pearl has the black interior as standard.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Except my Platinum White Pearl has the black interior as standard.

I now see that in the Honda UK configurator both Platinum White Pearl and Premium Sunlight White Pearl have the black interior...

I don't understand Honda Europe at all anymore. Take a look at the exterior and interior colors on the configurator on Honda Poland, Honda Germany and Honda Netherlands:

Poland: https://www.honda.pl/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/configurator.html#configurator/modal/colorpicker
Germany: https://www.honda.de/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/configurator.html#configurator/modal/colorpicker
Holland: https://www.honda.nl/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/configurator.html#configurator/modal/colorpicker

Everywhere Platinum White Pearl comes with the grey interior... but not in the UK...:
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/configurator.html#configurator/modal/colorpicker

Could it be because you are driving on the wrong side of the road?

Deejay

• Approved Member
UK and Japan together with a third of the world drive on the correct side of the road. It’s just the rest of you being difficult.  ;D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
A third of the world...? Some people somewhere at the outskirts...  ;D

LHT  RHT

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
The UK will be switching to LHD.

It will be a phased approach with buses and trucks driving on the right on the first Monday with cars and vans following on the Friday  :D

Deejay

• Approved Member

LHT  RHT

From the same Wikipedia article:

“Countries that use left-hand traffic account for about a sixth of the world's land area, with about a third of its population,and a quarter of its roads.”  :P

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
Indeed... a nice minority...  ;D

By the way, lets have a look at India. That country has 1.360.000.000 inhabitants. Most of them probably walk, or at the most bike at the left side (or in the middle or at the right side or just somewhere) of the road. Watch the traffic in Mumbai...  :o LHT...?

So... I wonder if it will be really a third of the worlds population... :D

And how did we get here from "Forced color choice combination for inside seat  trim and outside colours"?

Lets activate LKAS and don't switch off RDMS, not to lose track.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 07:34:48 PM by Jazzik »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
Lets activate LKAS and don't switch off RDMS, not to lose track.

No no no, I tell the car where to go, not a computer.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX

LHT  RHT
Being on the outskirts allows you to ignore the herd and be individual   :P . Or, as legend has it , gives more space  for a right handed person to draw their  sword and  fight off attackers.   Most are countries in the former British empire . I suppose America and Canada bucked the trend because by then they had guns   ;)  .  Too much faff to change, especially if you are an island nation.   Sweden drove on the left  until 1967  . 

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: