Author Topic: Where could I find mudguards for Mk4?  (Read 936 times)

Yusaku79

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Ex 2021
Where could I find mudguards for Mk4?
« on: May 04, 2022, 07:30:40 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm going crazy trying to find a set of mudguards (front+rear) for my Jazz Mk4: in my country the original part costs 95 euro (80 £) without installation and for me is too expensive, but I can't find anything else or better on internet.
On Aliexpress I bought a set but then when it arrived it was wrong because it fits on a Jazz with sideskirts that are not sell in European market AFAIK.
Do you have any suggestions for me? even the possibility to buy a set of sideskirts :D

Thanks in advance
Honda Jazz EX 2021 "Ruby"

sportse

• Approved Member
Where could I find mudguards for Mk4?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 07:56:28 AM »
I have a set on my Mk4 - the only option was dealer fit, which seems quite expensive until you discover that to fit the rear mudguards they have to take the rear bumper off!

And disconnect the parking sensors and disconnect the battery too - it's a crazy procedure when most cars you just screw them on.

Yusaku79

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: Where could I find mudguards for Mk4?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 02:10:51 PM »
I have a set on my Mk4 - the only option was dealer fit, which seems quite expensive until you discover that to fit the rear mudguards they have to take the rear bumper off!

And disconnect the parking sensors and disconnect the battery too - it's a crazy procedure when most cars you just screw them on.

Infact I don't understand why this operation, I saw it in the installation manual but it have no sense at all!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 02:28:02 PM »
I think the design means that the flaps attach to a point on the bumper that isn't cut out as standard.

You have to take the bumper off so you can cut away the plastic hole where the flaps mount.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »

I fitted rear mudguards to a previous Mk of Jazz which had the same instructions.
However all that needed done was to cut a small section of the plastic arch to allow a clip for a screw to be fitted, this could be done by removing a retaining screw and prising out the arch a little bit and cutting with snippers/Stanley knife.
Try a dummy run?

Glosrich

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S iVtec
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »
£63.43 inc postage from Holdcroft Honda Stoke, for a set of 4 mudflaps:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284525120975

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 04:25:33 PM »
Hi, I write in English (Google translator) even if I see that you are Italian,
I bought the mud flaps in a Honda warehouse and unfortunately the price is what you wrote yourself, but where I bought things is a large center where there is everything, car sales, warehouse, mechanical workshop, body shop and I asked for the assembly,
in my opinion they didn't even know about all those operations to be done to mount the splash guards, I left the car with them and went to get a coffee and after 30 minutes I went back to the body shop and the car was ready with the splash guards mounted.
When I asked for the cost they didn't want anything,
they said "for such a simple job" also considering the cost of the accessory.
I think they just drilled the holes and screwed the splash guards directly,
aesthetically they are perfect and do their job,
so i can't tell you what all that stuff about disassembling the bumper cut etc. is for. etc.
Maybe he tries to hear you in the body shop or workshop too, ask him the question, can you mount the mud flaps? and ask how much they want.
Obviously, having also the receipt of the work done with the Honda brand, I am in place with the guarantee

Yusaku79

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2022, 07:42:39 AM »

I fitted rear mudguards to a previous Mk of Jazz which had the same instructions.
However all that needed done was to cut a small section of the plastic arch to allow a clip for a screw to be fitted, this could be done by removing a retaining screw and prising out the arch a little bit and cutting with snippers/Stanley knife.
Try a dummy run?

Since it's very easy to find mudguards for old Jazz at a good price, which version of Jazz your mudguard belong to?

Yusaku79

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 07:44:11 AM »
Hi, I write in English (Google translator) even if I see that you are Italian,
I bought the mud flaps in a Honda warehouse and unfortunately the price is what you wrote yourself, but where I bought things is a large center where there is everything, car sales, warehouse, mechanical workshop, body shop and I asked for the assembly,
in my opinion they didn't even know about all those operations to be done to mount the splash guards, I left the car with them and went to get a coffee and after 30 minutes I went back to the body shop and the car was ready with the splash guards mounted.
When I asked for the cost they didn't want anything,
they said "for such a simple job" also considering the cost of the accessory.
I think they just drilled the holes and screwed the splash guards directly,
aesthetically they are perfect and do their job,
so i can't tell you what all that stuff about disassembling the bumper cut etc. is for. etc.
Maybe he tries to hear you in the body shop or workshop too, ask him the question, can you mount the mud flaps? and ask how much they want.
Obviously, having also the receipt of the work done with the Honda brand, I am in place with the guarantee
It's a quite example of friendship between people :)

Tags:

anything