Author Topic: No service book  (Read 1376 times)

HybridFan

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: EX e:HEV
No service book
« on: April 30, 2022, 10:37:32 AM »
Picked up my new Jazz yesterday and when I checked in the glove box there is just an owners manual and the locking wheel nuts, no nice leather wallet or service book. I checked with several members of staff that they hadn't missed something out, and they told me there is no longer a service book for 2022 model year Jazz, it's all just digital now. Sign of the times I guess, it just feels like there is something missing!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: No service book
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 11:38:26 AM »
I got a service book in Sep but that may changed.
Let's be careful out there !

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 11:41:53 AM »
There are very few manufacturers that supply service books anymore. My MY22 HR-V does not have one. All digital now.
Save you service invoices to prove service history, as when the time comes to P/X it if sold to a non Honda dealer others will probably not be able to access the Honda system to check it's service history.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 11:53:01 AM »
When I bought my car in August I was given a service book.

I've had the car switched to 12 month servicing instead of variable servicing that comes as standard - I wonder if they won't stamp the book at the next service?

It's a strange thing to go fully electronic as with many records the dealers throw away bundles of receipts you give them with a trade in due to GDPR privacy rules.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:54:44 AM by sportse »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 11:57:46 AM »
Just logged into the user section of the Honda website - there is a section to look at your digital service record, but mine is blank.

I've actually had two services, a B and an A within a few thousand miles of each other as they didn't change the oil at the first service.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »
I took delivery of my MK4 on 11th October last year and it has a service book. Things may have changed since then.

BROC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 ZR-V Advance
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 12:27:11 PM »
I picked my new Jazz EX up 31st March 2022, it came with a service book in a black fake leather wallet along with owners handbook....

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2022, 12:55:32 PM »
I too got a small service book in a wallet with the manual  in October 2021. Annoyingly the wallet largely fills the lower glovebox and wont fit in any other door pockets or cubby holes.  It will slip under the passenger seat from the front footwell,  but could foul a wiring loom or slide forward on braking .

If later cars dont have a service book will they stop bothering to search for and stamp those that do have one?
A service book that hasnt been stamped is worse than none at all. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 01:01:48 PM »
Took delivery end June last year and was surprised there was a service book. My two previous cars (not Hondas) over preceding 7 years had been digital online service record only so I wasn’t expecting an old fashioned paper service book with the Honda.

If servicing record is going online only, I just hope it is a better system than the Honda + App!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2022, 01:55:31 PM »
...I miss the under rear seat hidey hole of the MK2. I did get a manual with the MK4 and just put it the pocket behind the driver's seat.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 02:30:15 PM »
Ask the dealership for a copy once 1st service completed.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 02:59:11 PM »
Our Mk4 Ex was delivered end of August last year including a beautiful black (fake) leather wallet with red stitches.
In the wallet: (BIG!) Owner's Manual, "Inspection and Warranty" book, RE-D Directive booklet, a "Service Reminder System" card plus a list of addresses and phone numbers of all (36) Honda dealers in Poland.
Total about 1.5 kilos...

...I miss the under rear seat hidey hole of the MK2.

Me too...
Only the dealer list is in the car, the rest at home in a bookcase.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything