Author Topic: Boot mat  (Read 1432 times)

PWV

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: New Jazz Hybrid
Boot mat
« on: April 11, 2022, 08:47:09 PM »
Has anyone purchased a boot mat/tray either from Honda or elsewhere for the MK iV Jazz?

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Boot mat
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 08:53:14 PM »
... Got the Honda one fitted when first purchasing the car.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 05:37:22 AM »
Same here

The only disadvantage is that it needs to be lifted to get at the underfloor storage.

On the Civic there was a small cutout to get your fingers behind to lift it but my Jazz one is a snug fit and difficult to lift.
Let's be careful out there !

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 08:17:59 AM »
I had a Honda boot mat fitted when new.  For the Crosstar there is a 'tab' on the left hand side that in theory should be cut one but it makes a handy 'handle' to lift it up.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 09:26:58 AM »
As a budget option I just used  universal boot matting like this. 120cm x 80 cm, Big   enough to trim for  100 % floor coverage on the Jazz  (with back seat up )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392640953382?hash=item5b6b397c26:g:rl4AAOSwM0VeIEkK

Its not very thick which makes it quite  easy to trim to shape and  to partially lift when accessing the under floor compartment. But it  seems quite durable. But probably too thin to use as   passenger and driver floor mats.   

Like many budget  rubber mats it  might smell a bit at first, and its light weight means the wrinkles from packing take a while  to flatten themselves out. But I bought it in the winter.  Laying it out in hot sun will probably get rid of the odour and wrinkles  much quicker.   

£8.95 on ebay, but I have seen it since in 'The range' and a couple of other places for a couple of pounds cheaper.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 09:39:43 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 06:00:16 PM »
Had the Honda boot map from new, works well. Subsequently bought rubber floor mats. Wish I had got them from the start rather than the carpet mats which I found got grubby very easily.

guest9814

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 06:25:40 PM »
Get replica of original one from Japanese Amazon cheaper then original.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 08:07:56 PM »
Get replica of original one from Japanese Amazon cheaper then original.

Can you quote site reference?

Botak

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 08:16:59 PM »
I have a replica, with a cutout to facilitate lifting.
See (Dutch website, but picture speaks for itself): https://www.cargoods.nl/rubber-kofferbakmat-met-opdruk-honda-jazz-hybride-vanaf-2020.html
Since we are talking accessories. We have velours floormats with our names embroided in the frontmats See: https://www.matten-online.nl/honda-jazz-2020-velours-automatten.html (again sorry for the Dutch site).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 08:18:46 PM by Botak »

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 08:33:19 PM »
Like Voltermore, I have used these plastic/rubber type boot mats similar to those as advertised on his Ebay link (also available on Amazon) in several versions of the Honda Jazz, including the Crosstar. They are very easy to trim and only need trimming around some edges. Its also possible to let the edges ride up around the sides and back of the boot a few centimetres if you wish to avoid liquids,sand etc getting through to the carpet.They look good, are easy to clean, and very long lasting ( I have one of them which is more than 10 years old). They are very flexible making it easy to get to underfloor storage.  I would certainly recommend them as an alternative to the Honda one.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey

PWV

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: New Jazz Hybrid
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2022, 02:05:28 PM »
New Jazz arrived yesterday.
I immediately used my old outside table cloth as protection but not fitted, while I decide.  I don't know why they are so expensive, after all it's not a large area and leaves the folded down seats unprotected.
Going to have a look at the links provided and make a choice -Thanks everyone.

Followed LV's eBay link to find they were out of stock.  So orded what looks like an identical one from Amazon.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 04:31:53 PM by PWV »

Tags: