Author Topic: Picked up our Jazz... Some questions.  (Read 802 times)

shrapnel

• Registered Member
Picked up our Jazz... Some questions.
« on: April 02, 2022, 01:59:43 PM »
Hi All,

I am new around here but have been doing a lot of lurking and reading. We picked up our Jazz yesterday and I am loving it (pic attached). 

Does anyone know any details on servicing, especially with fluids and components?  I.E: What intervals brake fluid, gearbox oil, etc should be replaced, and thus indeed what works are carried out by Honda dealers upon routine servicing? 

If you can point me to any useful documents, or so on, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards,

Jon

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Picked up our Jazz... Some questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 02:33:58 PM »
As you're in the UK it should be 12,500 miles or 1 year, whichever is sooner.

Some dealers are activating the maintenance reminder which may have you yo-yo ing to the dealers.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 03:25:24 PM »
If you have the 5 year maintenance deal  this should include everything required.
    If you didnt get this included  I think you can still buy the package for £695,, but possibly only within a limited time after buying the car.     A big initial outlay but can be cost effective  depending on how many times you expect the car to be serviced during your ownership. (and servicing costs possibly rising due to inflation  >:( )
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 03:47:41 PM »
I'd recommend the service plan, with having the dealer disable the variable servicing system.

That way you should hopefully get 5 x full services of at least an oil change/check every time - every 12 months or 12.5k miles.

shrapnel

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 05:00:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have a service plan and will take it to the dealer yearly, they have indeed disabled the automatic maintenance reminder.

However, my question was more about what they do during those services, and whether there was any information out there regarding such?  Or indeed whether any such data might give more detail on certain items that might not be dealt with every year.

For example, all I can see is that there is a yearly service, they won't change the brake fluid every year, but probably on a certain interval. I am looking for those intervals, and by extension any detail there may be on what Honda do to the car on service 1, 2, 3, 17 etc.

Any help much appreciated.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 05:19:20 PM »
In the service log book mine has a list on pages 37 & 38 of what should be done at the 12.5k services and the mileages that the replacements are due.

It's not the easiest thing to find, hidden in the middle of the book.

Tags:

anything