Author Topic: WiFi hotspot problem on new Jazz  (Read 1591 times)

arnedielis

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV 2022
WiFi hotspot problem on new Jazz
« on: March 17, 2022, 01:58:43 PM »
Hi all, as a brand new Jazz hybrid owner I've been reading a lot on this forum, but wasn't able to find a solution to my issue. I've had my Jazz for a week now, and have been able to activate all connected services, except for the WiFi hotspot. TCU is activated, location is shared, ownership is established. Core connectivity, Safety & journey and Honda personal assistance service all work flawlessly in the car and remotely through the app.

However, when I try to use the WiFi hotspot, connecting my phone, tablet or notebook are redirected to the WiFi signin page "myvehicle.att.com/euportal-01", showing error "Wi-Fi is not available in your current location". As I'm residing in the Netherlands (where I also bought the car), I found that I should be redirected to "internetinthecar.vodafone.com" but this page is unreachable through the Jazz's hotspot. (I tried every combination of "https://", "http://", with "www" and without).

Any ideas or solutions for me to try (other than revisiting the dealer?). Thanks!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: WiFi hotspot problem on new Jazz
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 02:17:01 PM »
...Are you using your phone as a hotspot for the car, or the car as a hotspot for your phone?

I turn on the hotspot for my phone and the car will connect,  I haven't paid for a data connection for the car in it's own right though.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 02:31:26 PM »
For some weird reason my car won't connect to the hotspot on my phone, it doesn't even show up on the list of available connections.

It does work ok using home wifi, as I park close enough to the router to get a signal.

arnedielis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 02:33:24 PM »
...Are you using your phone as a hotspot for the car, or the car as a hotspot for your phone?

I turn on the hotspot for my phone and the car will connect,  I haven't paid for a data connection for the car in it's own right though.

I'm connecting my phone to the car's hotspot. It should redirect me to the ATT or Vodafone portal to sign-up to a data bundle, but it won't load the correct site.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 02:39:20 PM »
Are you using an iphone? Some sign up pages for wifi unfortunately don't work on apple.

I've had problems before not being able to sign up, but using an android phone worked ok.

arnedielis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 02:56:38 PM »
...Does this page terminate correctly for you?

https://internetinthecar.vodafone.com/m2miitcfo/faces/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pages/home.jspx?_afrLoop=573012759523395&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null#!%40%40%3F_afrWindowId%3Dnull%26_afrLoop%3D573012759523395%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Dwi8onswqx_9

Or is that where the not in your area message arises?

It won't load this Vodafone site. It only loads pages from the US and Canadian ATT.com domain. Anything outside this domain is unreachable. It seems to me the eSIMs location is somehow wrong and reverts to a North America setting, is this is even a probable scenario?

arnedielis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 02:57:49 PM »
Are you using an iphone? Some sign up pages for wifi unfortunately don't work on apple.

I've had problems before not being able to sign up, but using an android phone worked ok.

I'm using an Android phone, and tried different browsers. It's the same problem on my notebook. Somehow I'm directed to the wrong login page.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 03:07:16 PM »
...Just from a PC I can get to a drop down box to pick country and the Netherlands appears in the list. It's weird that your notebook goes off stateside as well!

arnedielis

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2022, 03:12:18 PM »
...Just from a PC I can get to a drop down box to pick country and the Netherlands appears in the list. It's weird that your notebook goes off stateside as well!

I'm able to select NL in the drop down list, but it only translates the error message to Dutch... I think the myvehicle.att.com/euportal-1 address is a redirect website that comes up when trying to sign up to ATT from Europe. I suppose there should be a redirect from there on to the European provider, i.e. internetinthecar.vodafone.com. The German Vodafone website states that the correct address to sign up from a car is http://internetinthecar.vodafone.com (and not the https:// site), but this site is also unreachable from the car's WiFi.

Tags:

anything